Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
redryder
redryder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can kindle 3 remember specific font sizes for books?

Hi,

I just bought a Kindle wifi, my first one. My wife and I share the kindle, but she likes her fonts large and I like mine small. So far my experience with the device is that font size is a global setting and affects all books.

Is there a setting somewhere for each book to have its own font size? Can I do it in Calibre during conversion?
redryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
As far as I know there is not PER BOOK setting.

I don't think Calibre offers any simple way but I may be wrong. I believe you may have to kind of disassemble the book by converting to another format and then edit font data. Check in the Calibre subforum - lots of talent hangs out there.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
redryder
redryder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks. Moderator, could you help move my post to the Calibre forum? I don't want to repeat post again. thanks.
redryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you find a solution, you'll have to go on sharing.
Perhaps you should stop looking and use this as an excuse to get a second Kindle of your own!
Tubemonkey almost has me convinced the the Special Offer Kindle would be a good choice (and virtually free if you use many of the offers....)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote