Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Themes for PocketBook

Somebody suggested that we create a sticky thread for themes.

Until now all my themes were from
http://bookfast.org/category/pocketbook/themes

then, I learned that there are other themes
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...816#post871816
that open new opportunities regarding library view.
Theme five provides "Easy" view for library where you get 24 books per page.

So I started to go through forum at www.the-ebook.org
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewf...days=0&start=0
My Russian is very rusty, especially reading speed. Not that it was ever really good.

So, I discovered this thread
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11679
Look at this post:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=289465#289465
There is link for Sherlock and Sheep themes.
http://narod.ru/disk/14459557000/The...PB360.rar.html
Fill in Captcha and click on green button to download
On the next page UNCHECK checkbox in yellow rectangle, otherwise the page will try to install download bar for this site. Now click on link
Updated theme is at http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=301689#301689
http://narod.ru/disk/14459557000/The...PB360.rar.html
Spoiler:

There is further incredible work by Kosta
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=314159#314159
Spoiler:

Another nice theme
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=351236#351236

By the way. This is competition organized by PocketBook company. Kosta even won 80% discount for PocketBook reader.
How come, our dear resident PocketBook Representatives, you have never mentioned this wonderful work here on Mobileread?!?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-26-2011 at 06:21 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Ahem, I have to say that my Russian is non-existent, so there you go!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post

then, I learned that there are other themes
https://www.mobileread.com/forums<br ...816#post871816
that open new opportunities regarding library view.
Theme five provides "Easy" view for library where you get 24 books per page.

That link doesn't work. FYI.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
That link doesn't work. FYI.
Corrected
Old 04-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Now that I got the theme 'five', its going to be hard to use anything else because I like the easy view so much.
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Now that I got the theme 'five', its going to be hard to use anything else because I like the easy view so much.
I am just trying out
Sheeps
Sherlock
Covers-S

Absolutely incredible.
Easy view from "five" theme is great, yet, 51 books on one library screen in References view is even better.

The only catch is, you have to make directory called Books and put all the books inside.
You will need to create four directories at the root of the card and at the root of the PocketBook memory
Books
News
Journals
Documents

There are four choices in the main menu
Books
News
Journals
Documents
alongside all the usual choices - photos, settings, calendar, applications ...

The themes support English, German, Russian, Belorussian.
Theme Sherlock has some menus in Russian - beautifully disguised.

And sheep ... you have to see for yourself. Look at the printscreen at the top post. The Sheep illustration in main menu is in fact cleverly disguised menu. When you select menu a small text with arrow appears. You select reading sheep and this is "books" menu, you select books the sheep is sitting on and that is the "favourites" menu. Beautiful!
You have four modes for viewing library
References - 51 books/directories on one screen 3x17
Catalog - list of 11 books/directories
Sketches - 4x4 book titles
Detail - 2x3 thumbnails with detailed information
Old 04-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Would it be proper form to upload copies of the zipped themes?
I have a dozen or so by now and I could upload them along with a screenshot or two...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Would it be proper form to upload copies of the zipped themes?
I have a dozen or so by now and I could upload them along with a screenshot or two...
Seems like a great idea.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Thank you Kacir but while you are listing these nice themes, can you indicate which one fully support English please?

Thank you very much
M
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
kacir
Wizard

Here is an the thread at the-ebook.org with some "screensavers"
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9807
Do not be afraid to visit the link. The text is in Russian, but pictures are pictures in any languages. Well, there *are* some pictures with russian text that I find funny or amusing.

Screensavers are pictures that PocketBook can display during boot or when switched off.
They belong to the /system/logo
Old 04-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
Thank you Kacir but while you are listing these nice themes, can you indicate which one fully support English please?
All that I have tried out so far.
In theme "Sherlock" a part of the the main menu is a cleverly disguised text in Cyrilic (done as a picture), but it is obvious how to use it.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
kacir
Wizard

Have a look at the Cleanlook theme from
Direct link to download is
http://www.filehoster.ru/files/er3864

The theme features the "Easy view" like theme Five, but the text for the name of the book is wider and it does have link to Calendar in main menu.
Even source for theme is included, so you can make small modifications, like changing an icon or rearranging the Quick menu.
The theme does seem to support English fully.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #13
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Have a look at the Cleanlook theme from
Direct link to download is
http://www.filehoster.ru/files/er3864

The theme features the "Easy view" like theme Five, but the text for the name of the book is wider and it does have link to Calendar in main menu.
Even source for theme is included, so you can make small modifications, like changing an icon or rearranging the Quick menu.
The theme does seem to support English fully.
Currently using this. Very nice. Features I like from 'five' but with the extra icons in the main menu. More book title space as well (inside books). I likey.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #14
kacir
Wizard

Good news. "Sheep" and "Sherlock" theme on Mobileread.

I have contacted Kosta from the the-ebook.org theme competition and he allowed me to post his three fantastic themes directly here on mobileread, so you do not need to navigate funny looking Russian speaking file upload site.

The three themes use PocketBook theme support to the extent never seen before.

Covers, for example present the list of the last read books at the main page as a cover view and not as a list view.

Sheeps theme uses absolutely beautiful illustration on the main page as a menu. Just move the "cursor" around and menu items pop out. A sheep reading the book is the "books" menu, the pile of books the sheep is sitting on is "favourites" menu, sheep making marks to the sand with stick (like Robinson Crusoe did) is "calendar" menu.
You have to try this one out!

Sherlock uses graphical menu in form of text in Cyrilics and as you select the menu, the letters rearrange themselves and you see that this is indeed a menu item you have never noticed among jumbled letters.
I will try to make English version, once I figure out link to the Russian repository server where Kosta sent me sources for his theme.

All three themes have defined very interesting views to the library. In one of the Views, you can see 51 books on one screen. No more endless scrolling through your huge "to be read" pile.

Pay attention to the Readme.txt in archive.
You have to put all your books into Books directory, otherwise you will not see your books. This is a feature.

I will try to post sources later, so we can improve or tweak those very, VERY cleverly designed themes.

Thank you Kosta for your themes and for your generous permission!

EDIT:
I have also uploaded sources for themes, so we can learn from the Grand Master himself ;-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sheeps_Sherlock.zip (447.1 KB, 2035 views)
File Type: zip Covers-S-r3.zip (372.4 KB, 1900 views)
File Type: rar PocketBook themes - CDR files.rar (527.1 KB, 1984 views)
File Type: rar PocketBook themes - Editor.rar (5.68 MB, 1993 views)

Last edited by kacir; 04-18-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Thank you kacir. I love the Sheep and Cleanlook themes. The only tiny problem is that none of them display the "series" in metadata yet. If you find one that does, please let us know.

Thanks
M
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote