Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
CPatrick
CPatrick began at the beginning.

Device: N516
hyphenation

Hello,

I'm using OI 0.2. and I noticed a problem with the French hyphenation patterns in the OI version of FBreader : it systematically cuts words just after an apostrophe (') whereas apostrophe should be considered as a Non-breaking character.

If I read the same ebooks on my computer with the ubuntu version of FBreader (0.10.7) it works fine.

Is it a bug in OI ? A too old version of FBreader in OI O.2 ? Or omething else...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPatrick View Post
Hello,

I'm using OI 0.2. and I noticed a problem with the French hyphenation patterns in the OI version of FBreader : it systematically cuts words just after an apostrophe (') whereas apostrophe should be considered as a Non-breaking character.

If I read the same ebooks on my computer with the ubuntu version of FBreader (0.10.7) it works fine.

Is it a bug in OI ? A too old version of FBreader in OI O.2 ? Or omething else...
This is probably a bug. There is a different rendering enging in FBReader, which runs in OI. I'll try to investigate this issue.
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
flyfisher
flyfisher began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader 6
Hello,

I also use OI 0.2 and have observed the same behavior in English. Not a major issue in English, but French relies more heavily on apostrophes.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
I think the straight ASCII apostrophes (') work fine, but it doesn't recognize the so-called smart versions (it’s ‘like this’). It seems to be fixed in the latest version of FBReader.