Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #31
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Well, the only time I'm not wearing undies (on head or otherwise) is when I wear a kilt, and no, I'm not scottish, I just happen to love kilts, and feel that it is a seriously underestimated mens gament. And my dream is to be "adopted" by a scottish clan so I can wear one "officialy"
Winters can be cold in Sweden, brrrrr.

I type this wearing only a bathrobe (that's a dressing gown/house coat for those stuck in the UK) - we're one of the largest clans out there. You can wear a plaid one if you like.

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-25-2008 at 01:46 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I just want to point out that I am fully clothed.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Winters can be cold in Sweden, brrrrr.

I type this wearing only a bathrobe (that's a dressing gown/house coat for those stuck in the UK) - we're one of the largest clans out there. You can wear a plaid one if you like.
that's incredibly generous of you, acidzebra. i hope slite fully appreciates the magnanimity of this gesture. after all, it's not every clan who will accept a newcomer into their bosom, whatever the motivation.

and slite, you are not alone in your non-scots love of kilts (well, actually i'm speculating about the non-scots part), since recently i saw a guy here in paris wearing a khaki colored kilt (imagine what the scots army would wear, if you don't take into consideration the extreme impracticality of doing battle in a skirt). he also had tattoos covering both arms and was quite tall so i doubt he had to defend his sartorial choices very often. i sort of wanted to go up to him and shake his hand and say "maximum respect" but i didn't know him and wasn't sure he would take that in the spirit in which it was intended, so i just continued on my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
well if we're all giving sartorial status reports, then i'll add that i am fully clothed as well, but not in "outdoor" clothes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #34
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
So, not in a meeting then? (You know, you'd have to attend far fewer meetings if you turned up nuded up. Just a thought. Use it wisely.)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
So, not in a meeting then? (You know, you'd have to attend far fewer meetings if you turned up nuded up. Just a thought. Use it wisely.)

Cheers,
Marc
wow. that was startling to see appear in the forum spy.
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #36
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow. that was startling to see appear in the forum spy.
Hey, if the forum's going to spy on me, it's gotta expect that I won't always be fully-clothed (I really need some kind of heat-shield for this lap-top though).

I feel guilty for dragging this thread away from topicality. Folks, for those actually involved in this meet-up, consider this simply efforts by those of us at the geographical extremeties of possible attendance to vicariously live here the pleasure of meeting you all.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

marc, this meetup actually has two entire threads dedicated to it already in two languages (there's another one in the french forum, for obvious reasons). plus it's in the lounge. plus it's being organised by ME. i think it can handle a bit of Unutterable Silliness. as much as you can possibly throw at it. go ahead. go wildly off-topic. we can take it. (plus, i'm pretty sure you didn't start it.)
Old 09-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #38
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
marc, this meetup actually has two entire threads dedicated to it already in two languages (there's another one in the french forum, for obvious reasons). plus it's in the lounge. plus it's being organised by ME. i think it can handle a bit of Unutterable Silliness. as much as you can possibly throw at it. go ahead. go wildly off-topic. we can take it. (plus, i'm pretty sure you didn't start it.)
Besides, if it resides in the lounge.... It HAS to go off topic at least once a day, I even think there is an international law that states that.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Besides, if it resides in the lounge.... It HAS to go off topic at least once a day, I even think there is an international law that states that.
well i didn't want to bring out the legal jargon, not being a lawyer myself, but i believe that is correct as well.

so actually marc is doing us a favor by making sure we respect the law.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #40
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But do we have to respect lawyers?

Other than Ricky, who is one of us, I mean.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #41
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

no, no ! two separate things.

in fact sometimes you don't even have to respect the law (civil disobediance, anyone ?)

but in the case of an unutterably silly law, why would you not want to ?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #42
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:

No, we are required to despise lawyers, apart from Ricky which is one of or own etc, but this is one of the laws that we do feel is fair and just, and we uphold it out of belief in the legal system as such.

Also becuase it makes the Lounge ever so much fun to read, especially after Marc's been around for a while!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
No, we are required to despise lawyers, apart from Ricky which is one of or own etc, but this is one of the laws that we do feel is fair and just, and we uphold it out of belief in the legal system as such.

Also becuase it makes the Lounge ever so much fun to read, especially after Marc's been around for a while!
exactly.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #44
pshrynk

Quote:
no, no ! two separate things.

in fact sometimes you don't even have to respect the law (civil disobediance, anyone ?)

but in the case of an unutterably silly law, why would you not want to ?
Well, then, what about unutterably silly lawyers. (I'm looking at you, Ms Maveety!)
Old 09-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

well everyone knows those are a completely different animal !!

Tags
apéro, meetup, paris