Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Is it OK to buy DR from UK?

Hi,

could anyone tell me whether it is OK to buy DR from a UK seller? Because they says they can deliver the DR within 2-3 days, however 8-10 days if from irexshop....
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I bought mine in the UK from their supplier there and when I bought it they were out of stock and I had to wait a few weeks for them to be restocked. I suggest you contact them and confirm they have stock before you buy.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I bought one from the UK dealer (Libresco) a couple of days ago. They appear to have everything in stock at present - DR's, covers, stylus's etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I bought one from the UK dealer (Libresco) a couple of days ago. They appear to have everything in stock at present - DR's, covers, stylus's etc.
Yes, that is the one I have contacted with. Harry, do they provide comfortable service? Most importantly, I know the firmware is 1.6 now and which firmware the one you bought is? How long it took to receive yours? anyway, could you give me some experience then?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went to pick mine up in person, because he is only about an hour's drive from where I live. The man who runs it is extremely knowledgeable about all the iRex products, and very good to deal with. He told me that he always updates the DR to the latest firmware version before shipping it, so mine already had firmware 1.6 on it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
yingwu
Addict

O...I think he is peter and the website is www.iliadreader.co.uk/, right? Yes, I have asked some questions by emails and the answer is quick and useful.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That's right, yes. Very nice chap.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
yingwu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's right, yes. Very nice chap.
Thanks. Then is the Royal Mail Signed reliable outside UK, for example, Ireland. Especially, it seems easy to lost my mails in where i am living. I think Royal Mail Signed isn't the same as DHL or UPS.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It should be safe enough.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I also have nothing but praise from Libresco. He was very helpful ad always answered my queries within 24 hrs if not quicker, which is why I bought from him.

I wouldn't have too many concerns over the Royal mail, but if in doubt, email and see if they can do DHL/UPS or whatever for you. There may be an added cost if that isn't their (Libresco's) usual route. Though, mine came via UPS.

regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
yingwu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I also have nothing but praise from Libresco. He was very helpful ad always answered my queries within 24 hrs if not quicker, which is why I bought from him.

I wouldn't have too many concerns over the Royal mail, but if in doubt, email and see if they can do DHL/UPS or whatever for you. There may be an added cost if that isn't their (Libresco's) usual route. Though, mine came via UPS.

regards
Yes, I have decided to choose Libresco now and I will ask peter whether there could be a special delivery for me. Have you paid much extra cost for UPS? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #12
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yingwu,
Sorry I've been away. No the UPS came as default from what I remember, but it was a long time ago...
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #13
yingwu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Yingwu,
Sorry I've been away. No the UPS came as default from what I remember, but it was a long time ago...
pthwaite, thanks back. No, they use the Royal Mail Signed mail now. So this is why I concern. I know such kind of mail is reliable in UK, but I prefer DHL/UPS if I am not in UK.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
yeah I ordered mine from libersco myself ,took 2-3 weeks to arrive but then again I ordered mine in september when it was released

harryt lucky dog , u picked it up in person , i had to wait wait and wait...
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote