Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Paris (France) meetup : The Return ! 25 october 2008

well, after the resounding success of the first MobileRead apéro in Paris (that's Paris France, not Texas), we really couldn't help but do it again ! so it's with boundless delight that we announce the Paris MR meetup, II !

mark your calendars : the second apéro will be

SATURDAY, THE 25 OF OCTOBER 2008

and in addition to the usual suspects, we will have not one but TWO surprise guests (at least) !!! you don't want to miss that !

look out, we're giving you practically 2 full months' notice ; that's huge. so mark the day, run and get your train ticket, and warn those pesky kidnapping extra-terrestrials that you've already got a date for the 25th.

not only that, we've planned this thing for a saturday this time, for those hardy souls who don't even live in the capital but will make the trip just for this ! (in fact, some of them don't even live in France. little clue for those of you who want to guess the identity of the surprise guests... so you see, all you Parisians and suburbanites, you really have no excuse to miss it !)

please leave a message here to say you're coming (notice i did not say "whether you're coming" ; i'm counting on you ! i'll be so disappointed, otherwise), and which device you will bring, and how many people will be with you, so we can plan.

/!\ we'll announce the location later, so watch this space !!!

EDIT : THE PLACE !!!

i've found us a choice place for this next meetup !! the bar where we held it the last time is having a concert on the 25th so we'll be moving to

LA TROTTINETTE
sicilien bar / restaurant

23, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Paris 11th arrondissement
Métro Goncourt (line 11)
or if you prefer Parmentier (line 3) or République (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11)

you can drink and you can also eat there : they propose sicilian cuisine based on HOME-MADE pasta and bread, with exclusively fresh ingredients, around 60% organic products. lots of vegetables which will make the vegetarians happy for once ! but the carnivores can have a steak if they prefer ! appetizers are at 7.50€, main course 12€, dessert 6€ (glass of beer 2.50€).

i propose we start with drinks around 18:30 or 19:00, and those who want to can also have dinner there.

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PRESENCE AND WHETHER YOU PLAN TO HAVE DINNER OR NOT by leaving a message in this thread. i have to give him some more definite numbers a few days in advance ; it's a small place, and as everything is made to order with fresh ingredients, he wants to be sure to have the right quantities on hand.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm planning on coming.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I'm not coming to yours. I'm going to the SE USA Meetup. We picked that date first. I sure home you don't entice any of our people to come over there.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I'm not coming to yours. I'm going to the SE USA Meetup. We picked that date first. I sure home you don't entice any of our people to come over there.
well, we'll be disappointed not to have you, but perhaps we could all raise our glasses to each other at the same time, and symbolically all be part of one giant meetup. that would be rather nice i think.

(unless we manage to entice some of your people to come over here, of course... gnak gnak gnak...)

as for the date, i'll have you know that we may have *announced* it later, but we've had this date in mind since the very first meetup was held. copiers !
Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I'm planning on coming.
yay !! can't wait...

for those of you following along at home, Patricia is in fact one of the surprise guests.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 AM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I wish I was going. ~sigh~
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I wish I was going. ~sigh~
aw, i wish you were going too ! maybe the next one ? (or, you know, you do have 2 months to shop for plane tickets for this one... just saying...)
Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, we'll be disappointed not to have you, but perhaps we could all raise our glasses to each other at the same time, and symbolically all be part of one giant meetup. that would be rather nice i think.

(unless we manage to entice some of your people to come over here, of course... gnak gnak gnak...)

as for the date, i'll have you know that we may have *announced* it later, but we've had this date in mind since the very first meetup was held. copiers !
Shouldn't be too hard to do. You're 7 hours ahead of us? So when we're have noonish lunch you should be about starting. We will keep you in mind.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Shouldn't be too hard to do. You're 7 hours ahead of us? So when we're have noonish lunch you should be about starting. We will keep you in mind.
hey, perfect ! so we'll all raise our glasses "to absent friends" at the same time. lovely !
Old 09-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

the place !!

i've found us a choice place for this next meetup !! the bar where we held it the last time is having a concert on the 25th so we'll be moving to

LA TROTTINETTE
sicilien bar / restaurant

23, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Paris 11th arrondissement
Métro Goncourt (line 11)
or if you prefer Parmentier (line 3) or République (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11)

you can drink and you can also eat there : they propose sicilian cuisine based on HOME-MADE pasta and bread, with exclusively fresh ingredients, around 60% organic products. lots of vegetables which will make the vegetarians happy for once ! but the carnivores can have a steak if they prefer ! appetizers are at 7.50€, main course 12€, dessert 6€ (glass of beer 2.50€).

/!\ NB : LA TROTTINETTE DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS !!
checks or cash only. so bring your checkbook, or stop by the ATM on the way.

i propose we start with drinks around 18:30 or 19:00, and those who want to can also have dinner there.

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PRESENCE AND WHETHER YOU PLAN TO HAVE DINNER OR NOT by leaving a message in this thread. i have to give him some more definite numbers a few days in advance ; it's a small place, and as everything is made to order with fresh ingredients, he wants to be sure to have the right quantities on hand.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PRESENCE AND WHETHER YOU PLAN TO HAVE DINNER OR NOT
Well, since you ask us so nicely, I see no reason for hiding. I will be there!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Me too.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Well, since you ask us so nicely, I see no reason for hiding. I will be there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Me too.
well, that ought to motivate people !!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
well, that ought to motivate people !!
Depends. If someone had already met me before, perhaps not.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:46 AM   #15
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I might have to be in Russia for work around that time, but if that doesn't pan out, it would be fun to grab a Thalys and join you people - I can't be sure yet; it all depends on Russian hardware ordering difficulties.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apéro, meetup, paris