Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-30-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
TomeRaider 3.2 review

If you like to know more about the pros and cons of switching to the latest version of TomeRaider, check out Menneisyys' review over at Aximsite. Unfortunately he "forgets" to mention iSilo and Plucker as strong competitors or alternatives to TomeRaider. His verdict:

Quote:
I’m not sure you will want to upgrade to the new version. Particularly the “end of the rows is invisible” problem and the lack of history are clear steps backwards, while bugs like the missing copy to clipboard under WM5 are still not fixed. Let’s wait for a bugfix release, which fixes at least the rendering problems – that is, for the time being, it’s better to stick with version 3.1.30.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:57 AM   #2
Menneisyys
Menneisyys began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Unfortunately he "forgets" to mention iSilo and Plucker as strong competitors or alternatives to TomeRaider. His verdict:
Well, this article wasn't meant to be a complete roundup of e-book readers, just a "plain" heads-up referring to a previous report (the WikiPedia article) on an earlier Tome Raider version - that is, a plain update report. This is why I haven't mentioned other book reader apps.
Menneisyys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert