Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Question Changing the header

First of all, let me admit that I am pretty new to using Calibre. Even so, I've already converted a couple books from LIT to EPUB and it seems to work well. However, I've a little problem.

When I first downloaded and installed Calibre and manipulated some of the Page Setup and Look & Feel settings. It seems like originally it would add a header to the output, and now it doesn't. I've looked over the FAQ and done some searches in this forum to no avail. How do I fix it so the header is back in place? Using 0.4.120
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hi VicLavigne,
i believe that the epub format (which is still being defined) does not yet support a running header, which is why calibre does not offer this option for epub output. i hope the idpf will address this soon, because like you i really like a running header (many ebook formats don't support it, which i think is really a shame).

however you can also make an lrf file using calibre and this format will allow a header. (if you do this, i recommend *also* making an epub file for archival purposes, since lrf is a closed format).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Ah, yes, I see the difference. The first couple ebooks I converted into LRF format, and was able to get a header. I didn't know the EPUB format wouldn't allow it.

Thanks.
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote