Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Lainey807
Lainey807 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi from New Jersey

Hi, Just bought a Reader PRS-505 for myself for Christmas, since no one bought one for me . I am looking forward to reading, as well as learning the ins and outs from all you pros out there I will probably only get the books from Sony's ebook site, since I am not very computer savvy, and just want to get them without too much trouble, unless someone can recommend a good site that is easy and doesn't require formatting, etc.
thanks
Lainey807
Lainey807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
geraldt
geraldt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Sony-Ericsson p990i
Hi there. Welcome aboard.

Tons of books available pre-formatted for the 505 right on this site. You needn't really be computer savvy to prep files for the device. Usually, it's as easy as opening the document (book) and hitting 'save as' and choosing .rtf

enjoy and happy reading!
-g
geraldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Lainey807
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Lainey807
Lainey807 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldt View Post
Hi there. Welcome aboard.

Tons of books available pre-formatted for the 505 right on this site. You needn't really be computer savvy to prep files for the device. Usually, it's as easy as opening the document (book) and hitting 'save as' and choosing .rtf

enjoy and happy reading!
-g
And then where does it save to? my computer? and then do I need to move it somewhere else? do I need to move it to the sony library, or can I just move it to the Reader from the computer? Forgive me for being so clueless

Lainey
Lainey807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum. Intend to pick up a 505 this weekend myself
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey807 View Post
Hi, Just bought a Reader PRS-505 for myself for Christmas, since no one bought one for me . I am looking forward to reading, as well as learning the ins and outs from all you pros out there I will probably only get the books from Sony's ebook site, since I am not very computer savvy, and just want to get them without too much trouble, unless someone can recommend a good site that is easy and doesn't require formatting, etc.
thanks
Lainey807
You can also try Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com

You just have to click on Sony Reader when you'd like to download a book. You can then send this file to your device using the Library software (browse your disk where you saved the file, and drag & drop the file on your reader icon in the left panel). OR you can use the explorer to browse your device like any hard-drive. Simply copy the file in the directory where the rest of the e-books are.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote