Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Thumbs down Google's official app market found hosting malicious Android apps—again

http://arstechnica.com/business/news...-appsagain.ars
Old 04-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I can't throw a rock without hitting someone who is, at this very moment, whining about the delays the Amazon app store has in updating various applications. You just gotta choose your poison.
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
carbonize
Connoisseur
carbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-600
Lets see. The Android market is pretty open and the apps uploaded are not checked nor scanned by Google so yes some malicious apps are expected.

Now Apple allegedly checks all apps submitted to their app store so should be safe. Yeah right. Been malicious apps on Apples app store as well.

Saying a malcious app was found on th eapp store is like saying a malicious program has been found on the internet. Neither is fully moderated.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
Sadly, it's gonna happen. If apps aren't being screened then malicious apps can walk right in the front door. Even screening the apps isn't catching everything and people are getting more creative and deceitful so obviously, there is no end in sight.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Misleading App Tops Charts, Highlights Apple's Inattention To Details

To the OP: Stop trolling, it is just sad.
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Sad indeed.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I'm not trolling. I'm posting a news article. So what of it? Is that illegal. Is that in the forum rules that I can't do that?
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Sad indeed.
Hypocrite
Old 04-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Hypocrite
Please show me the threads I started on the apple forum. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Please show me the threads I started on the apple forum. Thanks.
Your posts are trollish. I never said anything about threads.

Again. I only posted a news article. It's not the only news story about it. What's wrong with people being aware of the issue so they can protect themselves. I'm only helping the community.

Btw. I have an android device. It's something I want to be aware of as well. I'm looking out for myself as well.

Or are you apple haters so blind as to see that I have an android device.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Yes, sure, like that is your agenda here. No-one is sufficiently dim to swallow that one.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Yes, sure, like that is your agenda here. No-one is sufficiently dim to swallow that one.
It's not. But your dimwitted enough to think otherwise. So whatever. Look to the left, you'll see I have an android device. If that's not to difficult for you.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Presumably you meant "you're dimwitted enough". Anyway, your agenda is utterly transparent by now, regardless of your (<- proper use of your) pathetic protestations.

Last edited by Belfaborac; 04-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
monkeyluis
Banned

Yay for grammar police. Your mye heerow.

Thanks for making my point, if that's all you can come up with.

Btw. What's my agenda, since yer so honed in and all on my inner being.

Last edited by monkeyluis; 04-20-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #15
Belfaborac
Wizard

I really just wanted to annoy you, like your sad anti-Android posts annoy me. Mission accomplished it would seem.
Closed Thread