Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #136
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Don't forget to register your replacement reader; you'll get another 15% off code.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #137
doctj
Enthusiast
doctj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-950, HP Touchpad
return cables

When returning the demo unit, do I have to return the usb cable and charger?
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #138
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctj View Post
When returning the demo unit, do I have to return the usb cable and charger?
I didn't. I just took the replacement unit out of the box sony sent, put the demo unit in its place and closed it up. I assumed there was a cable and charger underneath but I didn't even look.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #139
bathory
bathory began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
I also have the PRS-950 from BestBuy and received the e-mail to return the unit because it is a demo uint. I don't know what other features may not work on the demo units but the 3g is disabled. Have tried to turn it on several times and it continues to show it is off.
bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #140
rmt
rmt began at the beginning.

The Ending to My Best Buy Demo Unit Story

I got impatient waiting for the replacement unit to arrive and cancelled that and returned the unit to Best Buy. I thought I could always buy it again at the $249 price. The Black Friday ended so I sent in an old prs 500 for the $75 trade in. I received the ecoupon on Thursday. I called up Sony Style. Got them to match the $249 Best Buy price (could have gone for the $239 Borders price, but thought that might be getting too greedy). Then I applied the $75 ecoupon. It was a hastle and a wait, but I think I'll be happier with the 950 for $174 instead of $299.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #141
bathory
bathory began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
Called Sony on a Thursday and was advised they were sending a replacement unit. Received the replacement unit on the next Monday which seems amazing for Sony CS. Still don't know for sure what the difference between the demo PRS-950 and the replacement is but it seems to work perfectly.
bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #142
fiedel
fiedel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950
I can't believe this. Is it still happening with BB? I just picked up one yesterday and I've updated the firmware. Do I need to call sony and can they tell if it's a demo unit even with the updated firmware?
fiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #143
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedel View Post
I can't believe this. Is it still happening with BB? I just picked up one yesterday and I've updated the firmware. Do I need to call sony and can they tell if it's a demo unit even with the updated firmware?
I had one of those units. They can tell by the serial number on the back of the reader. You can call Sony or just register the unit on the Sony website. If you have a demo, you will get an e-mail back stating that along with a number to call them at.

Last edited by Ken401; 12-23-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #144
fiedel
fiedel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
I had one of those units. They can tell by the serial number on the back of the reader. You can call Sony or just register the unit on the Sony website. If you have a demo, you will get an e-mail back stating that along with a number to call them at.
Thanks. I'll try that
fiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #145
brbubba
Connoisseur
brbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS350
When will people stop buying crap from BB... it just boggles the mind how terrible these people are. I stopped going there when I tried to return a GPS unit and their "tech" expert tried to tell me that the bluetooth didn't work with all telephone numbers. I laughed out loud at the manager when she tried to tell me that they were technical authorities on the subject. They finally took the return when it malfunctioned in front of her. I won't ever buy anything from them ever again, such a bunch of scumbags.
brbubba is offline   Reply With Quote