Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
autumnsong
autumnsong is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505
Smile To remove ebook library 3.0 and go back to 2.5

My system kept shutting down 3.0 when I tried to transfer books this is how the sony tech had me reinstall 2.5.

In the control panel unistall the ebook library 3.0

Then go to computer (be sure to be able to view hidden files, to do this click organize in the upper left corner, then folder and search options, then click view, then show hidden files and folders.)

Okay back to the instruction. Go to Computer and click drive C:
Click ProgramData
Delete the files Kinoma and Marlin

Go back to C:
Click Users
Click your Name
Click AppData
Click Local
Delete the files Kinoma and Sony Corporation

Here is the link to reinstall the 2.5 Library:

http://download.sony.com/prs/ebookli...0Installer.exe

I don't know if this has been posted but for those who really can't get ebook library to work I hope this helps.

Tiffany

Last edited by autumnsong; 08-29-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo
autumnsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
Thanks! I needed the official link to the older software. The new 3.0 software's sync function is horribly broken.
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
autumnsong
autumnsong is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505
Your welcome, the tech told me and upgrade fix is coming and they would email me when it does, but I'll may not even try it after this headache.
autumnsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
looks like there are some limitations with using the older software with newer hardware. i noticed that with 2.5, my prs-300 would not get recognized with adobe digital editions for transferring a library book over. only after i reinstalled 3.0 was i able to do the transfer

i'm hoping that upgrade fix comes soon!
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Teef
Teef began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Oh Thank you!
the newest update while preety would crash every time I would plug in my eReader. I;ve been trying to frind the 2.5 version ever since. Thanks a load!
Teef is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I had problems on two different Vista machines (one a Sony) which already had ADE and 2.5 installed. When I upgraded to 3.0 I kept getting a message that my machine was not authorized to see my books with DRM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
For ADE to work with the new models you should only need the replace PIM.dll file with the one from the new EBL.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
saki
saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Tab M8 FHD, Pixel 7a
Thanks. You are a lifesaver. Version 3 wouldn't even run on my Vista 64. Just would open and shut immediately.
saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
sazono
Member Retired
sazono began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
thank you so much !
sazono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Thumbs up eBook library 3.0 finally working for me

Permanently was crashing.
Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=1 to solve it.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Thumbs down No Sony in Add/Remove Programs

I have been trying to uninstall the new version of Sony, but it isn't showing up in the CP in the uninstall section. When I try to download it I get a message telling me that it is already installed. When I go to C: drive I can see it there but am unable to uninstall it from there.

I had the old version installed and then installed the new version, which seemed to be working fine. However I had a system crash and since then Sony has not co-operated at all. Adobe Digital, Overdrive and MS Reader are all fine.

I had been trying to follow autumnsong's advice, but am unable to find the program in the Add/Remove Programs.

I'm sure that I must be doing something really dumb, but haven't had a light bulb go on in my head today!

I will keep searching on MR for more info, but so far haven't found exactly what I can use to help me.

Thanks

Jen
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenPen1 View Post
I have been trying to uninstall the new version of Sony, but it isn't showing up in the CP in the uninstall section. When I try to download it I get a message telling me that it is already installed. When I go to C: drive I can see it there but am unable to uninstall it from there.

I had the old version installed and then installed the new version, which seemed to be working fine. However I had a system crash and since then Sony has not co-operated at all. Adobe Digital, Overdrive and MS Reader are all fine.

I had been trying to follow autumnsong's advice, but am unable to find the program in the Add/Remove Programs.

I'm sure that I must be doing something really dumb, but haven't had a light bulb go on in my head today!

I will keep searching on MR for more info, but so far haven't found exactly what I can use to help me.

Thanks

Jen
Have just talked to Sony helpline and he remotely connected and found the program (I had been looking under Sony and the application is actually under eBookLibrary by Sony )It was deleted and the new version reinstalled. I found him very helpful and he informed me that we would be notified by e-mail ( if your e-mail address is on their site ) about the new update which is still being worked on!

Thanks

Jen
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenPen1 View Post
... I found him very helpful and he informed me that we would be notified by e-mail ( if your e-mail address is on their site ) about the new update which is still being worked on!

Thanks

Jen
It's good news to know they are working on it !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Question

Could this thread be made a sticky in the troubleshooting section, at least for the time being until the eBook Library 3.0 gets sorted out? I'm a tad inept and it took me a while to find where to download the eBook Library 2.5.

Or any other links to relevant posts that shows where to obtain the older version of the eBook Library.

Thanks.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #15
flytyingfool
flytyingfool began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Sony PRS-600

Okay, should you ever have a problem with software version 3.2 I have the fix, I got it here as well, so this may be a re-post, but with added info.

It kind of sucks, and is an awful pain, but here is what you do. First, you need to 100% un-install it, Some files are hidden, go here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=572838, that thread is earlier in this post, but some information is missing.

find those files and where to locate them. Once uninstall is complete, download software version 2.5 which can also be found on that link.

Install version 2.5, and open it up. Nothing will be in your library (this sucks) but you can rebuild it. However the new Readers can't sync on 2.5, so when it asks if you want to upgrade to the newest, go ahead and do it. After the new install is complete, do a format of the onboard memory of the reader to wipe all books because the new 3.2 or greater software will not allow them to be recognized by the library. Re build your library, and sync, and there you go. Took me some time to figure all this out. but it is a life saver.
flytyingfool is offline   Reply With Quote