Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Tutorial for beginners?

How do you post a question in the New Posts section? I thought a remembered seeing a tutorial on basic usage when I first joined MobileRead.
I am a daily visitor but seldom have anything worth adding. Wonderfully, there are plenty of very knowledgeable members.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
How do you post a question in the New Posts section? I thought a remembered seeing a tutorial on basic usage when I first joined MobileRead.
I am a daily visitor but seldom have anything worth adding. Wonderfully, there are plenty of very knowledgeable members.
You post a question on one of the forum sections, Charliebird. It will show up in the list of new posts.
To post a question, open one of the forums, the click on "new thread" and post the query. But you already know that, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post your query.
There's also an FAQ at the very bottom of the page, on the right-hand side of the blue bar.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But my post be only in the forum I selected, right? For example Feedback. What if you have a general question (mine is about SD cards), where do you select New Thread?
I'll take this opportunity to thank you for the many books you've uploaded that I have downloaded. I don't know how you find time to read!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Hmm. SD cards: that's a bit tricky. If it's about SD cards and your ebookwise then I'd post in the Fictionwise, Ebookwise forum.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope that you enjoy the books.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
But my post be only in the forum I selected, right? For example Feedback. What if you have a general question (mine is about SD cards), where do you select New Thread?
Go to the Fourms link at the very top of all pages here. Select the forum you want to create your new thread in... select the new thread button. Viola!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

It was/is unclear to me if postings in a particular forum show up in New Posts. I only found your post, BOb, by looking in Feedback. I didn't see it in the Today's Post section.

Ditto my question/thread about SD cards...only in Feedback. It seems anyone else who might benefit from Dale's and Patricia's explanations wouldn't think to look in Feedback, whereas if they were scimming through New Posts it would be there in boldface.
It is also more than possible that I'm not understanding the process!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It was/is unclear to me if postings in a particular forum show up in New Posts. I only found your post, BOb, by looking in Feedback. I didn't see it in the Today's Post section.
That depends on the user and what "New Posts" link they are selecting. It also depends on what they have set in their Options setting in the Control panel where you can specify forums to ignore when viewing new posts.

What "new posts" link are you using? If "All New Posts" and you didn't exclude any forums in the UserCP then you should have seen it.

BOb
Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

New Posts at the top of the page. When I checked today the threads were listed. Maybe I just missed them before. I'd been working out in the sun for a couple of days! I did check my UserCP settings and Feedback was not excluded. But interestingly, Lounge and BBeB/LRF books under E-Book Upoads are excluded and they are all listed.
Gonna go over the FAQs again. Thanks for your help, BOb.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
New Posts at the top of the page. When I checked today the threads were listed. Maybe I just missed them before. I'd been working out in the sun for a couple of days! I did check my UserCP settings and Feedback was not excluded. But interestingly, Lounge and BBeB/LRF books under E-Book Upoads are excluded and they are all listed.
Gonna go over the FAQs again. Thanks for your help, BOb.
One thing that I found out is that the exclusions do not cascade. So, if you exclude a parent forum you also have to exclude the subforms or they will still be included in your new posts list. Perhaps that is your issue?

BOb
Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:

Ditto my question/thread about SD cards...only in Feedback. It seems anyone else who might benefit from Dale's and Patricia's explanations wouldn't think to look in Feedback, whereas if they were scimming through New Posts it would be there in boldface.
It is also more than possible that I'm not understanding the process!
Sometimes there are so many posts in one day that the New Posts list is pages long. It is a rather ineffeciant way of looking for content. After you've been here a while you will settle on a few fora that you are interested in and browse the New Posts when things get boring there.

You will also find, as with this question that the people hre are incredibly helpful. If you go to the Lounge, you'll also find that they are incredibly silly. In a good way.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote