Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Baen Covers

When ever I buy an ebook from Baen in mobi format I transfer it to my kind via the USB port. It always shows up on my kindle without the cover. How do I transfer the cover image as well?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The cover, if any, should be inside the file rather than a separate image. All of the Baen books that I've gotten were from Amazon. I don't recall getting any that didn't have covers.

You might try opening the book in the computer Kindle reader or in Calibre to double-check whether the cover is missing.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Solution... buy from BAEN.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
I have never had any trouble with my KK 3G, but I only use USB for books from BaenEbooks.com, Smashwords etc. My Amazon books come over 3G and I have never bothered or needed to download from Amazon to a PC and then use USB.

However anyone who wants to experiment it can try without cost using one of the Baen Free Library Books that are on Amazon, eg Fledgling, Agent of Change or 1632.

I have of course seen the missing cover problem on my Kindle Fire 2.

Oops, on reread you are doing what I am doing.

Suggestions.

download the ePub and convert to mobi.

Try both the Baen and Amazon versions of Baen Free Library Books.

Use the email to Amazon function, either from the Baen site or from your PC.

Hope this may clarify the issue.

Last edited by Little.Egret; 06-22-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: rereading the post I replied to !
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote