Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
How often is the best-seller list updated?

A new JD Robb book is out which I want to read, and it's currently listing at Kobo for $14.99. The thing is, every single book in this series has hot the best-seller list and when it does, it'll go down to $10. I am wondering how long this will take. The 20% off coupon right now will bring it down to $11 or so, but if it's a question of only waiting a few more days and then getting it for $10 (or waiting until next weekend when there may be a coupon code to get me a dollar or so off even that) I'll do it.

So, assuming a new book is released which will ABSOLUTELY make the best-seller list, how long until that happens?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Newspaper lists are based on actually polling retailers. Amazon's lists are updated hourly but they are somewhat coy over what timeframe they include. I have no idea how Kobo's Top 50 list is created. In following it closely over the past six months, the titles are sometimes quite surprising. Don't you have some inside track contacts? Why not ask them and let us know, if it isn't proprietary info?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The NY Times bestseller list is updated weekly. However, it doesn't include ebooks and online sales so there may be a lag between date of publication and entry on the list until retail sales are tabulated.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote