Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
MsJulie
MsJulie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Can I convert RTF files to Kindle Fire w/ Calibre?

Greetings!

Newbie here. I watched the video intro, and wow what great features!

What I'd like to know is can I create DOC files for my Kindle Fire using Calibre? And if so, How do it do it?

Many thanks. MsJulie
MsJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
calibre does'nt do doc.
You can convert rtf to mobi for the kindle. Or use word processor program to create doc from RTF. Word or Wordpad should work fine.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
From Word, you can export as RTF and convert this to MOBI using Calibre. You may get better results by exporting to HTML (choose simple or "filtered" HTML) and then convert this to MOBI using Calibre.

Another option is to use LibreOffice (the better version of OpenOffice) and Writer2ePub to create an ePub from your DOC or RTF which can again converted to MOBI using Calibre. See Quickest, easiest, cheapest way to create an ebook?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote