Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #16
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How many books do you typically read in a month? Ebooks tend to be fairly small files, generally under 1MB. Even if you read two books a week, that’s less than 8MB a month, which won’t put too much of a dent in even the most restrictive of data plans.
I usually read one ebook a day, but often have 20 or more partially read (depends on my mood which I want next). But, you guys have a point, maybe I'm being too cautious and worried about ebook sizes. Saying that, I'm often camping where there is no internet access, however I can adjust for that ahead of time. Thanks.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:10 AM   #17
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I download from DropBox too. In fact, I keep my Calibre library in DropBox, and this works very well for me. So: add new book to Calibre, the DropBox client automatically uploads it to the DropBox cloud. The new book is now available at any time for me to download to Marvin.

Warning: you have to be careful to make sure Calibre is not running before accessing the library in DropBox from elsewhere. This is OK for me because I only run Calibre to add new books to my library.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote