Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #46
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I have an expensive one with a lifetime guarentee, and while I am happy with it so far, I have only had it for a little over a month and can't say if the company will even be around long enough for the lifetime guarentee to matter. I did have minor issue (a mistake on my part as it turned out) that resulted in me getting it reinstalled at the cart in the mall and was happy with their service.
The one I have is from Spare Parts, got it from amazon, and it was I think $9 for 2 anti-glare/matte screen protectors. The first one regrettably went to amazon's kindle fire department when I exchanged my fire for a replacement (screen bleed issues) and the second now is getting a lot of scratches as I travel more and more with kindle in hand.

I noticed that now Spare Parts is selling them in a package of 4 and the price has been reduced a few bucks... other sellers are selling packages of multiple protectors for anywhere from $0.52 to roughly 10, with a very very few vendors still selling for $19.99.

My need isn't immediate, but given that I've only had this Fire protector inuse for about 3 months, the "lifetime replacement" argument is seemingly more meaningful than it was to me at first.

thanks for responding! Hoping to hear from more folks, too.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #47
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
My need isn't immediate, but given that I've only had this Fire protector inuse for about 3 months, the "lifetime replacement" argument is seemingly more meaningful than it was to me at first.
Whenever I read "lifetime warranty" I can not avoid thinking "which lifetime is referred to here? Mine ... or that of the product? (Or the lifetime of the Kindle Fire, which might also be not that long ;-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fire screen protector