Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Stephen Goldin - SF/F

[New information]

In honor of Veterans' Day, I'm having a special 50% off sale ($4.50) on the ebook version of my military science fiction book The Eternity Brigade. Just enter coupon code UQ52B when you make your purchase. The coupon is good through Sunday, Nov. 14.

[Older post]
As an experiment in market forces, I've reduced the prices on a number of my science fiction and fantasy ebook titles to $1.99. The titles affected are:
  • Caravan
  • Herds
  • Alien Murders
  • Painting the Roses Red
  • The Devil Behind the Leaves
  • Haunted Houses
  • The Djinn Garden
  • Angel in Black
  • But As A Soldier, For His Country

You can download free samples of all of them to see whether you like them. They're all available at my Smashwords page.

Last edited by dreams; 11-11-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added new information and direct to post 26
Old 05-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Eternity Brigade: Final Edition--military SF

The thoroughly revised and updated version of what other people have told me is my finest stand-alone science fiction novel, The Eternity Brigade, is now available in ebook formats. (The older E-Reads edition, with a purplish cover, is still around, but it doesn't have the latest changes and updates. E-Reads assures me they will be withdrawing it from publication.)

The book is about soldiers who are resurrected over and over again to fight wars forever into the future, no matter how often they die--and about one soldier's desperate search for a way out of this deadly loop.

You can download 50% of this book for free to decide whether you're interested. I hope you'll enjoy this exciting science fiction novel of struggle and redemption.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
The book is about soldiers who are resurrected over and over again to fight wars forever into the future, no matter how often they die--and about one soldier's desperate search for a way out of this deadly loop.
The price is a bit high, but since I know that the vast majority of that price will actually be getting to the author (i.e. you!), I'll be buying it on or shortly after May 8th.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

I know about juggling budgets. I hop;e you'll enjoy it when you get around to it.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

To help with the price, enter coupon code GK48G (not case-sensitive). It'll save you $2.00 off the list price. Hope that's a bit more of an incentive!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
To help with the price, enter coupon code GK48G (not case-sensitive). It'll save you $2.00 off the list price. Hope that's a bit more of an incentive!
Oh—splendid. Thanks. For my reasons for not buying until the 8th, see

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=3

Not so much a budget problem as a very, very long TBR list!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Not so much a budget problem as a very, very long TBR list!
Which is now just that little bit longer....
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
The Eternity Brigade, is now available in ebook formats.
Now on my Kindle. With the title "about xx,xxx words" :-)

I wish Smashwords would allow a bypass of their meat grinder for Kindle and Mobipocket.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
The thoroughly revised and updated version of what other people have told me is my finest stand-alone science fiction novel, The Eternity Brigade, is now available in ebook formats.
Yes, an excellent book. I thought one bit of the early updating was a little heavy-handed — "iPod-like device", but that's a minor quibble. It certainly kept my attention — finished in less than a day. 9/10.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Sorry about the strange title thing. I'm not delighted with the way Meatgrinder works, either, but it is handy. And thank you for buying the book. I'm honored you moved it up on your list and read it so soon!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Now on my Kindle. With the title "about xx,xxx words" :-)

I wish Smashwords would allow a bypass of their meat grinder for Kindle and Mobipocket.
I've seen some strange things happen with ePub as well. I do think it would be nice for Smashwords to allow already formatted eBooks to be uploaded and not put through their automated system.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
You're next!

I'm still reading "Wind-up Girl" (Love it!), but I bought your book this morning and have decided to bump your book to the next in line.

I found the summary to be too intriguing to ignore!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Thank you, Glen. I hope I justify your faith in me.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Can't find any free ones at that link.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #15
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

"But As A Soldier, For His Country" is free with the coupon. So are the articles about writing: "A Career in Writing" and "The Mechanics of Submission." Other works have different discounts. The novels Caravan and Herds are 50% off, bringing them to $0.99, and so are several shorter stories. The novel Tsar Wars is also 50% off.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, future, low prices, military, military science fiction, price reduction, sale, science fiction, soldiers, war