Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Availability of 302 and 360?

The US site of PocketBook says "NEW POCKETBOOK MODELS COMING SOON to the US MARKET".

Can anyone shed some light how soon is soon?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
A rep is a new member. You may want to contact him for more information on what "soon" means.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=46
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
A rep is a new member. You may want to contact him for more information on what "soon" means.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=46
Thanks for the links. I believe he is frequenting this forum section, so I am going to wait here for a reply. I am sure others are interested as well.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Folks, as if right now I can't give you more accurate definition of "soon"... Sorry... We're going to exhibit them at CES-2010 in January, but I hope that they they come over here before that
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I hope the 360 is available really soon like tomorrow! Is looks so elegant.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I hope the 360 is available really soon like tomorrow! Is looks so elegant.
I also want it yesetrday here
Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Folks, as if right now I can't give you more accurate definition of "soon"... Sorry... We're going to exhibit them at CES-2010 in January, but I hope that they they come over here before that
sounds good. I am planning to be at CES. Perhaps we can get together and meet.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
sounds good. I am planning to be at CES. Perhaps we can get together and meet.

Dale
Sure, no probs! I'll tell everybody soon what will be the number of our booth. Anyway, it will be among other E-book readers, they set up a separate section for ebooking, first time at all.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Sure, no probs! I'll tell everybody soon what will be the number of our booth. Anyway, it will be among other E-book readers, they set up a separate section for ebooking, first time at all.
Are you going to be in the big Netronix booth or one of your own? It is exciting to have a full section for ebooking.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #10
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Are you going to be in the big Netronix booth or one of your own? It is exciting to have a full section for ebooking.

Dale
Definitely in our own booth I didn't even know that Netronix is going there (just kiddin')
Old 10-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Bookeen goes, all the Gen3 owners can get the tar and feathers out for them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

I don't want to be in their shoes...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If Bookeen goes, all the Gen3 owners can get the tar and feathers out for them.
Why is that?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #14
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Xerxes,

If you don't like the Gen3 w/busted off button, please release to me. I want to have some experience on eink without spending too much. 8-)
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #15
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Any chance of US pricing information being available sooner than the units? The 302 looks just like I have been waiting for an e-book reader to be like. The page turn buttons are great for their size & location and so is the D-pad. I look forward to more information being released on how it works (circular motion like an iPod, or just up-down-right-left). Netronix did well with the design of this unit and I look forward to seeing the PocketBook firmware on it.

And I remember reading a rumor that PocketBook may be adding Adobe ePub for DRM. Is that true, or not? I cannot find where I read it so I may very well be wrong.

Thank you!
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote