Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #16
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
By "improving battery life" do you mean the wakeup from sleep mode?
happend every appr. 2 Min.
I killed all background jobs, bud had wakeup from sleep mode after 10 Min.
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Thank you for the suggestion; I am downloading the 2.0.6 firmware right now and will try SHIQ later on.

Yes, the notification bar icon, but only that - when I try to open the browser or create a Google account, it tells me I'm not connected.
I think it might be related to the ramdisk or the way libs are handled. When you cannot connect, it is related to the hardware_legacy lib most of the time.

For the battery, I mean to set it up so it gets at least the battery life the 212 had before.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #18
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
For the battery, I mean to set it up so it gets at least the battery life the 212 had before.
Ok. Am I the only one with the wake from Sleep Mode issue?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #19
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
I intalled firmware last night, good! But I have a problem with Titanium Backup, when I open it show me an alert ""Busybox works but the "su" command does not elevate to root: "whoami" reports "whoami: unknown uid app_37" instead of uid 0." I don't see SU in apps list. I have to install SU app?

Last edited by pippopelo; 12-10-2011 at 03:39 AM.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #20
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnutzer View Post
Ok. Am I the only one with the wake from Sleep Mode issue?
You are not alone
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #21
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
I intalled firmware last night, good! But I have a problem with Titanium Backup, when I open it show me an alert ""Busybox works but the "su" command does not elevate to root: "whoami" reports "whoami: unknown uid app_37" instead of uid 0." I don't see SU in apps list. I have to install SU app?
No, it is there.... The fact whoami says that means it is there. To solve this, you can do for the terminal emulator:

chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su (add ADB shell before if you do it from adb)

What is exactly the nature of the wakeup you are talking about? Could you describe precisely what it does?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #22
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
What is exactly the nature of the wakeup you are talking about? Could you describe precisely what it does?
I guess he refers to a bug that was already known in all IQ ROMs before.
If you put it to sleep mode every two minutes (or so) the device makes a small clicking noise (sound like connecting a speaker),display lights up for a few seconds and then goes back to standby.
I'm not sure I had this with your first port, will check when I'm back home on Monday
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #23
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No, it is there.... The fact whoami says that means it is there. To solve this, you can do for the terminal emulator:

chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su (add ADB shell before if you do it from adb)
Terminal emulator go in error, reinstalled from Market, work. But with chmod... the response is: read only...

I return to 2.0.6

Thank's anyway
Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #24
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
If you put it to sleep mode every two minutes (or so) the device makes a small clicking noise (sound like connecting a speaker),display lights up for a few seconds and then goes back to standby.
I'm not sure I had this with your first port, will check when I'm back home on Monday
I am sure this must be in the frameworks file. I will try to see if I can find it
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #25
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Anyone have a working link to dealerupdate091210_EU_PB701SWUPDATE.zip to erase completely the flash of my IQ701? I have always the same error, I want to erase flash. Thank's in advance.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #26
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Terminal emulator go in error, reinstalled from Market, work. But with chmod... the response is: read only...

I return to 2.0.6

Thank's anyway
Sorry...before the chmod, you need to type:

adb remount

and then send the command. My bad...
Old 12-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #27
pippopelo
Connoisseur

adb not found, from pc and also from tablet

Edit:

I have performed used adb form pc the change permission to SU.

But never changed, same error whoami... help! Only for me this error?

I flash always first 2.0.6 then SHIQ then sh212b2.

Edit too:

I have found 2.0.2 dealerupdate who erase flash completely, but never

Last edited by pippopelo; 12-12-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #28
macnutzer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Right, but now the IQ don't goes back to standby anymore...
https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/chin_scratch.gif
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #29
Icewyng
Addict

Do you mean it won't go to sleep anymore?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #30
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Sorry Icewing no solution for me? Possible that I'am the only one having problems?
My Iq701 is different from others? Help!

Last edited by pippopelo; 12-13-2011 at 04:27 AM.