Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I use my iPad but did switch to using the 'nighttime' mode all of the time.

I had originally tried it, night mode, to not disturb my partner, but got an immediate headache as my eyes tried to adjust. I then read in another thread that the bright LCD screen may contribute to not being able to fall asleep (maybe that's why I couldn't stop reading that mediocre book at 4:30 in the morning?), so I tried it again, only using the night mode all day, not just in bed. Haven't changed since, no eye issues, no headaches, no problems falling asleep.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #32
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
I read on my Nook Tablet with the brightness turned down all the time. One day while riding in the car (daytime) I looked at it and wondered why I couldn't see the screen. Yeah, had to turn up the brightness.
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
Nilotikus
Nameless Being

I have a Kobo Glo, an e-ink reader, which has front lighting.

I find this extremely useful in poorly lit rooms as it improves the contrast greatly. However when I'm in bed at night reading it's not necessary as I have a nice bright side light next to the bed.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #34
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
I use my iPad but did switch to using the 'nighttime' mode all of the time.

I had originally tried it, night mode, to not disturb my partner, but got an immediate headache as my eyes tried to adjust. I then read in another thread that the bright LCD screen may contribute to not being able to fall asleep (maybe that's why I couldn't stop reading that mediocre book at 4:30 in the morning?), so I tried it again, only using the night mode all day, not just in bed. Haven't changed since, no eye issues, no headaches, no problems falling asleep.
I have never tried night mode on iPad... I didn't even know it was available.. tell me about it and how to use it.. 10th grade dropout here... but fortunately I did learn how to read, understand arithmetic and numbers..
Thx

Last edited by MrDoug; 10-17-2012 at 08:17 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #35
brandon7s
brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brandon7s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I can't read on a tablet screen without getting a headache. Tried a Nexus 7 for a couple of days and it just didn't work for me. E-ink screens give me no headaches.
brandon7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #36
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
I have never tried night mode on iPad... I didn't even know it was available.. tell me about it and how to use it.. 10th grade dropout here... but fortunately I did learn how to read, understand arithmetic and numbers..
Thx
It's in the themes setting in the iBooks app. It reverses black and white pages so it's white on black. You'll find it by tapping the two AA's at the top of the page.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #37
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
It's in the themes setting in the iBooks app. It reverses black and white pages so it's white on black. You'll find it by tapping the two AA's at the top of the page.
Thanks,, I will give it a try..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote