Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Emailing AZW3/KF8

As I understood, emailing the new format resulted in no cover being shown on the PW.

Is this still the case or have Amazon updated their Personal Docs service?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
As far as I know personal documents service hasn't been updated for some time, and it will reduce your KF8 to mobi 7.

I don't think that should lose the cover, but then I never send KF8 files to pdoc service. Instead I side-load them (usually with dropbox, google drive etc.). I plan to keep doing that until they update the service to support KF8. I don't care so much about syncing as I'm generally only reading on one device.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
When I transferred the files from one computer to my PW, via USB, the PW told me I had to delete it, and re-upload it wirelessly.
The cover was shown, but it could not read the book.
I had to upload the books via Amazon wirelessly to read them, even though both my PW and kindle reader on PC use the same email address.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
When I transferred the files from one computer to my PW, via USB, the PW told me I had to delete it, and re-upload it wirelessly.
The cover was shown, but it could not read the book.
I had to upload the books via Amazon wirelessly to read them, even though both my PW and kindle reader on PC use the same email address.
Amazon's DRM locks a book to a specfic device, even if both devices are registered to the same Amazon account. You either need to remove the DRM (which is what most of us probably do) or, as you say, redownload the book on the device you want to read it on. (Or use the "transfer via USB" option on the "Manage Your Kindle" page at Amazon's web site.)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
it's strange that this occurs on only some of the books I uploaded via USB.
Not all of them.

Probably those books that where on special discount (for free); while other free books on amazon that genuinely costs $0, come without DRM (seemingly)
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
As I understood, emailing the new format resulted in no cover being shown on the PW.

Is this still the case or have Amazon updated their Personal Docs service?
I guess it has been fixed because all my covers work fine and I only use PDocs to read with. I email or upload them with Send to Kindle and then I can access them from the cloud.

If you have a cover not showing up on a pdoc it's probably the cover's size being too big. Just resize it. I use a plugin on Calibre for this called Cover Resize to keep all my cover's sizes uniform.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote