Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Paul Evans
Paul Evans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobobooks Web Search not working

When I search for an author on the Kobobooks website, it returns the message "Sorry, we could not find results for ""Hilary Mantel"" in any category."

And yet, when I log out and log in with my wife’s account, the search works with no problem.

The problem with my log in also includes clicking on any author’s hyperlink, whereupon the same error message appears. (For example, I clicked on Hilary Mantel on the main Kobo page on the website, on the hyperlink of her name underneath the book “Bring Up the Bodies”, and the same message again appeared).

Has anyone experienced something similar and does anyone know how it can be fixed? I have emailed the Kobo help desk but all they have suggested is that I have mistyped the author's name (which I know I haven't!)
Paul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Oh good, it is not just me I reported this last week in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200019. I also contacted Kobo and had a pleasant chat with them about it. They have contacted me a couple of times since to test and clarify things, but don't have a solution yet.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Lately when I go to www.kobo.com I get redirected to rakuten.kobobooks.com, which is not very helpful as I don't understand Japanese.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Yeah, I ran into that. I changed my bookmark to www.kobobooks.com . Solved the redirect problem.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Paul Evans
Paul Evans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
When I asked them to fix it, Kobo responded with the following suggestion:

"Can you try creating a separate account to test and see if the search works on that account? If so, we can merge the old with the new if you'd like."

I'm worried that if I do this, I will lose the annotations and reading stats. I've responded with this concern but, as yet, have had no reply from Kobo.
Paul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
When I asked them to fix it, Kobo responded with the following suggestion:

"Can you try creating a separate account to test and see if the search works on that account? If so, we can merge the old with the new if you'd like."

I'm worried that if I do this, I will lose the annotations and reading stats. I've responded with this concern but, as yet, have had no reply from Kobo.
It's Kobo's job to do the testing. Not yours.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote