Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
samerghafik
samerghafik began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Wink read comics (cbr format) in onyx works!!!

hey guys i found a method so we can see all the comics in our ereader what we have to do is to download a free program called ALZIP (search in google),install it in your computer then download any comics in cbr format, now right click on the cbr format and it will show you the option extract with alzip into folder.this will convert the cbr into images and with this way the ereader will read the image files wih no problem.
i tried this way and it works perfectly hope u will like it.

samerghafik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
It is a 60 day trial then you have to pay. There is no need to do that when a program like 7zip will do that and more for free.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
or just change the .cbr extension to .rar, and extract like usual
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
No need to change the extension even.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
How about Calibre?
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #6
emreceng
emreceng began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox note
In the manual of note pro, Cbr is referred as a supported file format. But still, Do I have to extract Cbr file in order to read compressed png files in the reader?
emreceng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
All hail emreceng, the great Necromancer!

Jokes aside, CBR and CBZ are natively supported even in my 5 years old i86 so just copy the file to the reader and it'll work fine.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #8
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hi Reader Pro, Page, Tab Ultra C, Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
The default software (Neoreader) already reads .cbr

And if you want your software to manage the whole process so you can forget about file formats, use Tachiyomi.

That said, Neoreader has some nice features for reading comics/manga.

Last edited by rowe; 05-04-2020 at 11:50 AM.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:15 AM   #9
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
The default software (Neoreader) already reads .cbr

And if you want your software to manage the whole process so you can forget about file formats, use Tachiyomi.

That said, Neoreader has some nice features for reading comics/manga.
for cbr/cbz i use "Perfect Viewer" that is good also

Last edited by underscore; 05-08-2020 at 06:17 AM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #10
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I have yet to find a comic reader that compares to Neoreader. I read on a 7.8" screen, and use Neoreader's ability to split the pages into many panes to make the text readable. I suspect the other comic readers are designed to use pinch/zoom which works much better on LCD than e-ink. Neoreader seems to be the only comic reader designed for e-ink.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #11
emreceng
emreceng began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox note
Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
All hail emreceng, the great Necromancer!

Jokes aside, CBR and CBZ are natively supported even in my 5 years old i86 so just copy the file to the reader and it'll work fine.
Although my note pro is newer than I86 menpe, cbr files doesn't work but zip files work; just checked. There were some complaints about the cbr support of onyx readers before.
emreceng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:24 AM   #12
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
Android 6.0 lets you install Tachiyomi which is one of the best manga reading apps.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:24 AM   #13
MachinaCarnis
MachinaCarnis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
Challenger Comics Viewer is the best, it reads all formats. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bdviewer&hl=fr
MachinaCarnis is offline   Reply With Quote