Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Red face Reading in the Bath Tub

I know it sounds strange, but I like to read in the bath. Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me?

And, Whilst I am willing to risk a $5 paper back, I am a little scared about the risk to my (yet to be purchased) reader.

Can you get bath tub protection devices?

Any thoughts?

SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I personally don't read in the bath, but I have seen numerous cases/sleeves (esp. for the Kindle) for reading in the bath/at the pool, etc. Search the Kindle forum for "waterproof case".
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Sneaky, some of these threads may help also. I don't read in the bath myself either.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

folks for the linx to threads.

At least now I don't feel like such a freak.

Cheers

Snake
Old 03-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
It is even harder to read in the shower.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Hahaha,

That would really fog up your specx huh?

Last edited by SneakySnake; 07-17-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I read in the bath quite often and double ziplock bag my Kindle when I do it. the cat actually helped me accidentally drop it in once
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #8
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Cool...

The old zip lock bag idea sound like an inexpensive option. Sounds like you can see through OK too.

My cat is afraid of coming too close to me in the bath ever since he he jumped in during a fit of mad running/hiding around the house, and the bath happened to be full.
So hopefully the 'helping' of the dropping won't occur.

Cheers
Old 03-21-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I know m-edge makes a fancy waterproof see-thru cover. Not sure how much better it is than Ziploc, though.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:23 AM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
There was a tongue-in-cheek thread running here recently called something like 'You Can't Read an eBook in the Bath', which was really about all those boring objections to readers that we hear over again.

Funny thing is, SneakySnake, that it turned out to be pretty practical after all. Many members here read in the bath and some had some ingenius ways of protecting their readers. Also, as has been said, many custom-made waterproof covers are on the market that allow you to see the screen perfectly and to operate the page turn buttons, etc.

Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:27 AM   #11
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All it takes is one person to read it with it plugged into an outlet and then drop it in the tub. THEY would put those idiot labels on them like they do countless other objects.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

I always use the hairdryer in the bath :O
Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Cool...

The old zip lock bag idea sound like an inexpensive option. Sounds like you can see through OK too.
If you put the reader in the bag, then carefully lower most of the bag in the water before sealing it, it pushes the air out and makes it easier to read through.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #14
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
If you put the reader in the bag, then carefully lower most of the bag in the water before sealing it, it pushes the air out and makes it easier to read through.
That sounds REALLY scary. One would really have to make sure that nobody is aroung to bump your arm - especially the cat. Miouw

Thanks for the good idea
Old 03-22-2010, 02:26 AM   #15
happy_terd
Banned

I couldn't do it. I get too nervous when it comes to even dropping the soap.