Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Calibre keeps adding authors name in book title =(

I don't know when this first started, But for a while now when adding books to Calibre it places the authors name in the book title column and the book title in the authors one It's been driving me nuts Don't know if I clicked something I shouldn't have or what, I'm using the default settings in the adding books section "(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)" also tried swapping them about but to no avail
As shown below adding Val McDermid's Common Murder of which the file name is "Val McDermid - Common Murder.epub"

Please someone
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
I don't know when this first started, But for a while now when adding books to Calibre it places the authors name in the book title column and the book title in the authors one It's been driving me nuts Don't know if I clicked something I shouldn't have or what, I'm using the default settings in the adding books section "(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)" also tried swapping them about but to no avail
As shown below adding Val McDermid's Common Murder of which the file name is "Val McDermid - Common Murder.epub"

Please someone
Your Metadata from filename is backwards from your filename convention that was used.

Correcting those (already imported) is easy.
Select (all) the books that are flipped
tap 'E' (edit metadate (bulk mode if more than 1 title)

1) single Mode: there is a up/down arrow icon to the LEFT of the Author Title. Use it

2) Bulk mode: there is the Swap tick box on the right (under Authors). Use it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks a bunch theducks
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is another step I forgot before you click ok.

Tick the box that says set Author Sort also
Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
dmcd
Enthusiast
dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo
And you tell me this now..........................??? 10,000 wonky titled books later????? All that cutting, pasting and deleting...................Unnecessary??????

Now all I need to know is how to bulk transpose the surname and first names of authors and I'll be a very happy bibliophile.

What other little gems are still hidden from my prying eyes?

Thanks Ducky.

Dale
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
And you tell me this now..........................??? 10,000 wonky titled books later????? All that cutting, pasting and deleting...................Unnecessary??????

Now all I need to know is how to bulk transpose the surname and first names of authors and I'll be a very happy bibliophile.

What other little gems are still hidden from my prying eyes?

Thanks Ducky.

Dale
RTFM (and review the change log, every update ), Calibre gains and sometimes changes feature usage
Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
The Quality Check plugin does this, under Quality Check > Fix.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
dmcd
Enthusiast
dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo
Thanks Meera.

Ducky, I have attempted to RTFM but it is enormous and my eyes begin to glaze over with all that programming-speak!!!! It is not (dumb) user friendly.

Dale

Last edited by dmcd; 03-22-2012 at 10:47 PM.
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote