Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
fcoulter
Enthusiast
fcoulter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Recipe List?

Is there an easy wasy to print out a complete list of the news recipes that come with the latest version of Calibre? I'd rather not type up the list by staring at the screen.

I'm analyzing the potential cost savings for a local government of moving from printed agendas (last meeting was over 2,000 pages) to an eReader. In addition to the obvious cost savings of not printing out huge binders on a bi-weekly basis, I also want to discuss the availability of up to date news at low cost as an added benefit.

I know that it isn't that hard to write new recipes, but I figure it would be good to start off with a list of what's already available.

Speaking of new recipes, I'm planning on creating some new news recipes. What's the process for getting the new recipes into Calibre? I won't be able to fully test the recipes, but I will have tested what ends up on my Kindle.

Kovid Goyal wants fully tested recipes for ePub and for LRF versions. I suppose I could use the ePub viewer to test the ePub version, but I have no clue what the LRF version is, much less how to test it.

Finally, if I'm unhappy with one of the recipes that comes with Calibre, is there a process for submitting an updated version?

Last edited by fcoulter; 07-31-2010 at 09:52 AM.
fcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look for the file builtin_recipes.xml in your calibre installation. That is a database (in XML form) of all builtin recipes.

If you want to submit new/updated recipes, simply open tickets and attach them there. Testing them on your Kindle and the calibre epub viewer is sufficient.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert