Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Bravo Bezos

Why am I not surprised that Jeff's got it figured out?

$199; Bravo!

The tablet market just got busted open!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I wonder how long it'll take the boys and girls at xda-devs to hack da buggah?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
This is the lower spec'd coyote, and the price is very attractive. Shocked they bought into the buttonless revolution. Personally I was looking forward to a nice page button on the side like normal kindles.

As for xda, the lack of an sd slot is kind of a blow. It will hardly prevent hacking, especially given the price, but I'm a lot more willing to play with hacks when I can boot from sd, leaving a main install and warranty undisturbed. And the more people use the hacks, the more stable and fully featured they become.

The price also means Amazon has a strong incentive to prevent 3rd party OSs. They aim to cover manufacturing losses with content, and until someone tears it down, I'm going to assume there is some restrictive tech in there. I'd be pleased to be wrong.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well the million dollar question for the members on this board is will the new kindle reader be released on the Android market?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
This is the lower spec'd coyote, and the price is very attractive. Shocked they bought into the buttonless revolution. Personally I was looking forward to a nice page button on the side like normal kindles..
That's my biggest problem with the new Kindles - No page buttons (more importantly, no keyboard).

Granted, I figured it would happen eventually...I was still holding on to the faint glimmer of hope that they'd keep a Kindle model with a keyboard. I wouldn't be looking forward to using the directional pad to peck notes in.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I was still holding on to the faint glimmer of hope that they'd keep a Kindle model with a keyboard. I wouldn't be looking forward to using the directional pad to peck notes in.
They are they are now calling it the "Kindle Keyboard" it's not going anywhere however it will most likely remain last years hardware.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I was expecting a more reader-friendly tablet. Meaning, containing paging buttons. But at least the Kindle App will allow the volume buttons for paging...

But I'm glad I already decided not to go for it, as I already expected it to be geographically restricted. And the lack of a card slot is an absolute no-no for me, especially on a device that is made for interactive content.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote