Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #31
Filark
Edge User

Hi Mehdi,

Will you be asking the repairmen to try to fix your eDGe? Or are you giving/selling it to them?

If you try to have it repaired, I hope you will let us know whether they came up with a solution. So sorry this happened to you.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #32
mehdi72
Edge User

I'll give him for repair. I had exactly same problem with my notebook PC, the repairmen told be it was very common with LCDs which has notebook like screen, where connector ribbon cable running through hinges gets damaged (mostly due to aging, and some times due to moisture/dust). It will take a week or so, as I am quite away from any city. Will post you what happened.

One more thing, it is second time WSoD has occurred on my PE. First it happened, when my 3 yr old tried to smash a lemon between both screens (she was trying to make eReader-Tablet lemonade, perhaps)
I powered it off, let it dry overnight and by morning it was okay.

Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #33
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehdi72 View Post
One more thing, it is second time WSoD has occurred on my PE. First it happened, when my 3 yr old tried to smash a lemon between both screens (she was trying to make eReader-Tablet lemonade, perhaps)
ROFL!

Thanks for sharing this story. I can easily picture the scene!

Old 05-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #34
paula-t
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehdi72 View Post

Mehdi, I have read many stories about what to do with an Edge, but this is a candidate for the Best Weird Use of an Device! Send a big kiss and hug to your little girl from the very distant Argentina. I am glad you
took it so well, and with a calm attitude find a solution without much fuss. She finds the Edge juicy indeed!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #35
Kewlcat
Edge User

Lemonade!! ... hahaha!

Thanks for sharing your experience Mehdi...I too hope to hear what your local repairman has to say about the issue... If you can confirm that WSOD is indeed a hardware issue, it would be really useful for the rest of us...

I think Entourage is no longer be accepting returns (??)...since they seemed to have removed all their contact info from the website...

Advert