Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
Filark
Edge User

Try this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237 if you haven't found it already.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
mister_ed
Edge User

Thanks, Filark! Saved my bacon - or at least my PE - when I borked it yesterday while trying to be clever about adding the gapps!

-- Ed

Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
Well just to let people know I have downloaded the update.zip files for golden, coyote, dingo and now ermine, so we have a copy of them, just in case.

if we want to put them on a public server, then just let me know.
I would love it if you could put these up somewhere. I have the golden (dingo) but would really love to get ermine.

Thanks mrspaceman

I just checked in today after being away for a while.... oops! it's happened!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #19
aidren
Edge User

I just found it (ermine update) at mobile read... thanks

Old 05-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #20
mister_ed
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduijkers View Post
if i ever. need to do a factory format. I would lose this update {ermine} as I only have 1.6 golden image.
Actually, I just did a factory data reset (is that the same thing?), and it stayed at ermine 0.9. It also kept root and it kept GMail, Market, and YouTube, as well as the other gapps files I had installed.

But it wiped the user data that made the gapps work, so then it was the by-now-familiar inability to connect to GMail and Market.

-- Ed

Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #21
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_ed View Post
Actually, I just did a factory data reset (is that the same thing?), and it stayed at ermine 0.9. It also kept root and it kept GMail, Market, and YouTube, as well as the other gapps files I had installed.

But it wiped the user data that made the gapps work, so then it was the by-now-familiar inability to connect to GMail and Market.

-- Ed
Interesting! I thought factory data reset wiped out everything. Guess not, eh? Kept Ermine and stayed rooted?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #22
mister_ed
Edge User

Looks like it just sweeps out user space and assumes that anything that's in system space belongs there ... which may not be the best assumption.

-- Ed