Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
It's Here!

Hi All:

Well my K3 is here! Looks (and works) great. No rattle and so far, no reboots! Bought a few books from Amazon (and quite a few samples) and used Calibre to add a bunch of other things. Yes...I'm very happy! See you around, I'm going to read a book,

Kevin
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Congrats! Let us know how you feel about it after you finish a few books.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Ahh Im so happy for you. It's great isn't it
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
stabile007
stabile007 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3
I got mine and I love it. I already read one book half way through a second and I just got it this past thursday. Having the ability to buy books directly on the device is so....liberating...at least from my PRS-505 POV.
stabile007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabile007 View Post
I got mine and I love it. I already read one book half way through a second and I just got it this past thursday. Having the ability to buy books directly on the device is so....liberating...at least from my PRS-505 POV.
That is the best part of an e-reader with 3G or WiFi. I love being able to buy books from my bed or at the airport.

I was at the airport and one gentleman saw my Kindle and told me how much he loved paper books. I said "I can respect that" and opened the Kindle store. He noticed my typing and asked what I was doing. I told him buying the next book in the Wheel of Time series so I could read it on the plane. Then I said "Done" and opened the book. His jaw hit the ground.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
That is the best part of an e-reader with 3G or WiFi. I love being able to buy books from my bed or at the airport.

I was at the airport and one gentleman saw my Kindle and told me how much he loved paper books. I said "I can respect that" and opened the Kindle store. He noticed my typing and asked what I was doing. I told him buying the next book in the Wheel of Time series so I could read it on the plane. Then I said "Done" and opened the book. His jaw hit the ground.
Great story - love it!

I have great respect for paper books and still for some genres (children's illustrated / pop-up books, recipe books, art books) they cannot be beaten. But it is pretty amazing being able to carry your entire library around with you and have the facility to search all your books in one go and buy new ones on the fly.

Sorry to go off topic - and enjoy your new Kindle OP
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #7
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
enjoy your brand spanking new Kindle! I am jealous!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #8
brijoeire
brijoeire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WiFi White
I wish you many happy hours spent reading books on your new Kindle...
brijoeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Could not agree more. Before the Kindle arrived I was reading the third Dark Tower book in paperback. When I finished, I went to the store on my Kindle and purchased the fourth...was reading it right away!

Could have done this with the PRS-300, but would have had to drag out the laptop. Have almost finished reading the DT book, have also read several short stories and some samples on the Kindle....gota say I'm in love with this thing!

-Kevin
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote