Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
libre ereader pro?

this puppy is 69.95 at staples..waste of money ?..worth getting?
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomm46 View Post
this puppy is 69.95 at staples..waste of money ?..worth getting?
That's a great price! I bought mine at Staples around Christmas time for $99.

Depending upon what you're going to use it for, I'd say it is a great device. I have a nook classic, nook color, iPad, and the Libre Pro is my favorite device for reading. It has a non-backlit LCD screen that actually looks better the brighter the light shining on it.

I use Calibre to sync ebooks to it. I have no experience in attempting to sync DRM'ed books to it though.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
great thanks
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Crap, but cheap!
If you can spare 130$ for a NOOK,KOBO or KINDLE go for them. You'll have a far better display, 20-30 times expanded battery lifetime and access to shops as well as sideloading (OK, a bit trouble with the Kindle,but possible)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
erikwillke
erikwillke began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Reader Pro
I really love mine. I paid about $99 a week before Borders quit selling them. I specifically wanted one that I could add non-DRM books to. I love the multi-format ability and the ease of use.

I've tried tablets and iPods to read from, even a windows phone. I know that the libre is low power and not good for anything but reading books but that's exactly what I wanted it for. I haven't had any trouble with it.

As soon as you realize that all it is is a reader then you'll love it.
erikwillke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert