Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
Selectively apply downloaded metadata from multiple sources

Hi,

I'm stuck with a problem I can currently only solve in a quite manual way. Here's what I want to accomplish. Say I have an older version of the book and I'm missing the the full author's name and a summary (comments). Published date and publisher are ok, though.

If I go to edit metadata and use download metadata Calibre will query all configured sources and present me with a list of possible matches. In many cases this will all be newer publications and while I'd get my summary and author name from there it would overwrite my publisher and published date.

Alternatively, I can use Download metadata and covers. Here I can select the fields I want to update and leave the remaining ones alone. But I cannot select between the result sets of the different download sources. I might get presented with a query result that is having only a bad summary which I don't want.

So is there no way to query multiple download sources, then select the result set to use and finally only apply the update to selected fields? I don't really want to enable/disable sources one by one to get a result I like.
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, not really there is no pick result and then pick field function i'm afraid. You can do th edownload twice in the edit metadata dialog and simply right click and chose undo on the fields you dont want changed.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
Too bad. I'll try your workaround.
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote