Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #1231
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free Christmas Novella

The Year the Cat Saved Christmas - a novella by Barbara Bretton

I'll have to read this one to the cats.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #1232
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'll have to read this one to the cats.
Good idea! All cats need to have their egos inflated.
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #1233
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Good idea! All cats need to have their egos inflated.
Well there is so much out there about puppies and dogs for Christmas the kitties feel left out.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #1234
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well there is so much out there about puppies and dogs for Christmas the kitties feel left out.
Somehow I doubt that.

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as deities in ancient Egypt. Cats still remember this. Anyone who lives with a cat needs to keep that firmly in mind.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #1235
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Somehow I doubt that.

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as deities in ancient Egypt. Cats still remember this. Anyone who lives with a cat needs to keep that firmly in mind.
Well my furbabies do feel left out so when I show Maisy and read her the synopsis she looked interested. They love LOL Cats. They will sit on either side of me and we surf the site together but on Christmas it all about dogs articles all over the net and movies. They turns their backs to that.

And the whole idea that all cats are like that is wrong. All my babies want to be is cuddled and loved. It really depends how you raise them. My cats are social creatures who love to be included in all family stuff like watching movies together or anytime hubby and I cuddle they have to be on either side to cuddle with us. They are so child like that sometimes I don't miss not having my own. Like Kids they create messes, fight with each other, cling to me and follow into the bathroom, want to be in my lap and share all activities like when I am reading one will be in my lap and the other behind my head. One loves music and singing and the other literally groans at it. lol

Last edited by Blossom; 12-19-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Advert
Old 12-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #1236
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
And the whole idea that all cats are like that is wrong. All my babies want to be is cuddled and loved.
VERY true.

Cats are affectionate and loyal, and a lot sweeter than anyone who doesn't live with a cat would ever know. Cats crave affection and love, and they repay it in full, many times over.

That is not to say they aren't arrogant, far from it. Just that they won't give you said affection without proof that you deserve it.

(Proud property of two very intelligent and loving felines. )
Old 12-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #1237
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
VERY true.

Cats are affectionate and loyal, and a lot sweeter than anyone who doesn't live with a cat would ever know. Cats crave affection and love, and they repay it in full, many times over.

That is not to say they aren't arrogant, far from it. Just that they won't give you said affection without proof that you deserve it.

(Proud property of two very intelligent and loving felines. )
It depends on the cat really. I have had strays that were affectionate from the moment I took them in. I have strays who were cautious and took time to come out their shell. Cats do take on the personalities of their owner if you grow up together though. I have taken over 80 strays in in my lifetime. I can truly say no two cats are alike. After I got married I realize my hubby wasn't a cat lover and would never be. So there has only been two rescues since then and those are my girls who are now 12 and 8. They do not like strangers but then neither does I. My oldest will growl at any knocks on the door or even come near the door. It's her way of alerted me to someone is out there unless it's hubby. Then she tries to trip me as we both head to open it. lol Daddy's home and she gets so excited to see him. He's does not reciprocate the feeling but she loves him anyway.

When I do go out shopping I know better than to come home empty handed. Cats do pout and let you know when you have hurt their feelings by not bringing them anything. So much like a kid. I have not purchase their Christmas yet. Stupid fever needs to leave so I can. Last year I got them new beds this year I don't know yet. And I got to get them their stocking of toys but seeing I am boycotting Purina now I got to find a wet food they can eat as well for the special occasion and treats. They know the tree is up and Christmas will be here soon. My youngest just had me to turn on the tree lights for her. I sometimes forget to do that as it's behind the sofa. Christmas is coming too fast this year!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 03:59 AM   #1238
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon US DE:

Viscount Vagabond by Loretta Chase (orig. Avon 1990). This is a lovely traditional regency, a real find of a freebie!

Quote:
Catherine Pelliston has just escaped a forced marriage to an obnoxious friend of her unreliable father; and now she's truly in the soup; kidnapped and helpless in a London brothel! And though she's been rescued by the very inebriated Max Demowery, Viscount Rand, she may be in even greater danger of falling in love with the shockingly outrageous, scandalously improper Viscount Vagabond!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:00 AM   #1239
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Notorious by Kathryn Kramer, who IIRC has at least 2 other similar pseudonyms I no longer recall at all, 1st in her Highwayman series of f/m English historical (I'd have said "Caroline" but I guess it technically happens during an interregnum?) adventure romances, this one originally out from Zebra in 1996.

In a world filled with hate, love was a precious thing, a rare treasure they might have little time to savor.

England under Cromwell’s commonwealth was oppressive, colorless and boring, but beautiful Devondra Stafford’s life was vicariously exciting. Her father was the dashing Gentleman James, the Heath’s most gallant highwayman. But when James is captured and condemned to death upon the “Tyburn tree,” Devondra enters into a desperate bargain to share the bed of the sensual nobleman, Quentin Wakefield in exchange for her father’s life.

Quentin was intrigued with the woman with long dark hair and lovely hazel eyes who was as rare a jewel as ever stolen on the road. He wondered just what kind of woman Gentleman’s James’s only child really was—she who lived among thieves and murderers. It didn’t really matter. He knew that her beauty and feigned innocence stirred his desires. No matter what promises he had to make, his obsession was to possess her.

It is a night of blossoming passions, a night neither can forget. But the heartache of betrayal, broken promises and the sight of her father hanging from the gallows, forces Devondra to take to the road as “The Notorious Lady”.

Last edited by ATDrake; 12-20-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #1240
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post

Notorious by Kathryn Kramer, who IIRC has at least 2 other similar pseudonyms I no longer recall at all, 1st in her Highwayman series of f/m English historical (I'd have said "Caroline" but I guess it technically happens during an interregnum?) adventure romances, this one originally out from Zebra in 1996.
I had this one on my wishlist for awhile.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #1241
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post

In a world filled with hate, love was a precious thing, a rare treasure they might have little time to savor.

England under Cromwell’s commonwealth was oppressive, colorless and boring, but beautiful Devondra Stafford’s life was vicariously exciting. Her father was the dashing Gentleman James, the Heath’s most gallant highwayman. But when James is captured and condemned to death upon the “Tyburn tree,” Devondra enters into a desperate bargain to share the bed of the sensual nobleman, Quentin Wakefield in exchange for her father’s life.

Quentin was intrigued with the woman with long dark hair and lovely hazel eyes who was as rare a jewel as ever stolen on the road. He wondered just what kind of woman Gentleman’s James’s only child really was—she who lived among thieves and murderers. It didn’t really matter. He knew that her beauty and feigned innocence stirred his desires. No matter what promises he had to make, his obsession was to possess her.

It is a night of blossoming passions, a night neither can forget. But the heartache of betrayal, broken promises and the sight of her father hanging from the gallows, forces Devondra to take to the road as “The Notorious Lady”.
That cover is awful!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #1242
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Today's ARe freebie (pretty funny given the discussion of cats just above in this thread ):

Bad Kitty by Eliza Gayle

Spoiler:
If you think you've lost everything. Think again.

Kitty lost her father, her home and her clan. Clinging to what's left of her pride, she's forced into the neutral zone, the supposed safe haven for half-breeds and outcasts. An attack forces her to the wrong side of the treaty line and into an even more dangerous situation. Determined to greet death with the last of her dignity, she is suddenly rescued by a tall, gorgeous...wolf???

As the next alpha leader of his pack, Rafe Comyn has more than enough to handle with pack politics and precarious treaties. The last thing he needs is a pissed off feline landing in his lap, especially when her scent triggers his overwhelming drive to mate. While the daughter of a former rival is quite a conquest, she's both forbidden and dangerous.

But as the heat of desire threatens to consume them, their differences escalate and Rafe must keep his own pack from killing the one woman he can't live without.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #1243
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
That cover is awful!!!
It is!

PN [angels and demons] freebies, both rated quite highly at GR, books 1 + 2 in series; Extinguish, Reignite by J.M. Darhower
Old 12-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #1244
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free, XMas novella from Jasinda Wilder - Dec the Holls

Spoiler:
A week before Christmas, and all through office not a soul is stirring, not even a mouse. Holly is working overtime, cold and lonely and broke. Across the hall, Declan is lonely too, and thinking this christmas is going to be a joke. Then one blustery night Holly’s car won’t start and Declan is there to help with a little love in his heart.

Open this gift from bestselling author Jasinda Wilder to find out if a single mother of two can let herself fall in love with her sexy-as-hell workaholic boss.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #1245
Blue2u
Wizard

$.99 The Naughty List - various authors

Spoiler:
12 authors came together for one naughty anthology, benefitting the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer via the Fifty Shades of Pink Team

S. Moose- Vision of Love
Boyfriend Bookstand- Grinding In Greenville
Ahren Sanders- Surrendering
Allie Juliette Mousseau- Finding Now
Vi Keeland- Belong to You
t.h. snyder- Cursed Love
Hilary Storm- Heaven Sent
MJ Carnal- Liquid Regret
H. D'Agostino- Irreparably Broken
MJ Fields- Jase
Scarlett Metal- Under The Mistletoe
Kathy Coopmans- Shelter Me

Last edited by Blue2u; 12-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Closed Thread