Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Is the screen of my Glo bad or is it my eyes?

Hi there,
I recently bought a kobo glo online, and was pleased with it until I noticed yellow blotches on the screen. I managed to return it at a WHSmith no problem. I then got home to find the replacement with the same problem. Could someone please have a look at this picture and tell me whether it is actually the screen or my eyes playing tricks on me, as I don't want to have to go through another exchange again and find my replacement still has the same problem.
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No image I can see... Did you take the plastic film off the screen?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Yes, I took the protective film off. I can see a yellow splotch on the bottom of the screen next to a whiter area... wonder if that helps or if its me?
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I recall one other person reported a yellow blotch. It's definitely not your eyes and it's also not supposed to be there. I'd take this one back as well. Maybe see if you can open the Glo boxes in the store so you won't take home a third Glo with yellow blotches. Seems like your local WHSmith has a bad batch...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
nocash
nocash began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Exclamation Reporting same problem

So this makes us three reporting the same problem:

Bought a Glo online less than a month ago, having this exact problem (yellow smudges) + light layer defects.

I'm writing to the store I bought the reader hoping for a replacement as I can't stand anymore the yellow smudges and the light layer defects when reading with the light on at nights.

Posting some pictures of the problem for future reference, the two threads mentioning this problem didn't have any.

Update: The online seller was very cool about the return, sending it tomorrow. Will update when I get the new unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Problem 1.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	100229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Problem 2.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	399.7 KB
ID:	100230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Problem 3.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	534.5 KB
ID:	100231  

Last edited by nocash; 01-28-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Adding update about returning the unit
nocash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Nocash, I see some yellow blotching in picture two (indeed not good) and is that a sort of scratch in picture three?

Picture one however, I don't see anything wrong with. Oh wait, I now vaguely see yellow blotches again whilst looking at it for the third time. Indeed not good either.

Glad your supplier will be giving you a replacement!

P.S. As long as users understand that the grey/white waves at the bottom of the screen (clearest in picture 1) are not a fault, it's due to the hardware design and all ereaders with frontlighting have it.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote