Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
MobileRead on mobile devices

Is it ironic that MobileRead looks TERRIBLE when browsed on mobile devices? Or is there a special /mobile URL that I am unaware of?

I tried viewing it on my Blackberry 8820, then a generic Dell PDA, and some other devices I have kicking around. In each case, the page starts with a whopping big white space, fonts and layout are a mess, in general, it is not readable.

Am I weird for wanting to see MobileRead on a mobile device?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Am I weird for wanting to see MobileRead on a mobile device?
No, of course you are not!! We are very well aware of this deficit and we're hoping to introduce our mobile site in a couple of days.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 05:25 AM   #3
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Cool! If you need testers, I'd be happy to help out.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:36 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent. I'll contact you in the days when we move the project to our live system.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I'll Second the request for The Mobile version, and offer to help in beta testing.

I've been out and about the last couple of weeks and been dependent on browsing the site and forum from my KJAM PDA Phone.

While the forums, when switched to the Mobi style look resonably ok, the main site is a bit of pain.

And one thing I've noticed is that when switched to Mobi style, when I try to browse back to the site, I just keep getting error messages, until I clear out the cookies. I don't know whether that is Pocket IE acting up or the cookies themselves
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
This post is too funny and timely. I too have found it Ironic that it looks terrible on my PDA.

Alex if you need another tester I'll volunteer too. I have a SmartPhone using the Opera/IE browser.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

The "Mobi" skin you tried is an artifact from the past. I haven't removed it because I know some people depended on it even though it's far from optimal.

I promise what you'll see next is a lot better and won't cause any cookie issues.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Count me in as a tester. I'll bring it up on my iPhone
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Update: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27369

Looking forward to your feedback!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, I brought the site up on my iPhone and it seemed to work fine although I now notice the reply I posted didn't make it. Will try again
Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

this is my 3rd attempt to post fm my iPhone
Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I find the "standard" site is perfectly usable on my iPod Touch in landscape orientation.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I heard the iPhone does a superb job rendering "classic" webpages. Our mobile edition is in particular useful for devices with limited browsing capabilities (like my BlackBerry Curve), or for people who have to pay for transmitted bandwidth (we try to keep the page sizes in the mobile edition very small).
Old 08-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The mobile site works really well on my N810 and is much faster then the standard site. But I find it hard to hit the goto first unread link. Would it be possible to make it larger or place it some distance from the thread link? I also think more threads could be listed on the page but maybe that is configureable.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I heard the iPhone does a superb job rendering "classic" webpages. Our mobile edition is in particular useful for devices with limited browsing capabilities (like my BlackBerry Curve), or for people who have to pay for transmitted bandwidth (we try to keep the page sizes in the mobile edition very small).
I am travelling now and writing this from the BookPeople bookshop in Austin and for these kind of free networks the mobile site is really much better.

And I suspect it might be faster at home also since the loading of all images can be irritatingly slow.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote