Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #61
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
A better grip is what I want as well, but my concern is how comfortable will it be to hold folded back? There's a photo with it folded back. Seems like it may be awkward. Plus the weight.
I agree - this is a concern for me as well. My favorite device case of all time is the M-Edge Go! case for my Kindle 2, which is a nice leather that folds pretty easily around the back. I don't mind the weight of the leather - I'd sacrifice that for the feel any day.

The two things I really like about this case are the extra bezel area, and the fact that it doesn't use elastic to hold the device in place. I'm really not a fan of elastic. It might be worth not being able to fold flat for those advantages.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #62
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Yeah, the extra bezel area is really tempting. More of a necessity really.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #63
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I found this case today - a knockoff of the Dodo case, but with a leather exterior. It's a little pricey ($60) but I think the wood frame is both elegant and would provide a better grip, and the leather on the outside is really what I want.
Very nice! But not shipping until early December! Good find, thanks.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #64
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Im looking at these from rooCASE. Looks pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Dual-V...1641634&sr=1-4
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #65
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengar View Post
Im looking at these from rooCASE. Looks pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Dual-V...1641634&sr=1-4
I like how it works as a stand in portrait and landscape. Nice feature.
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #66
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Very nice! But not shipping until early December! Good find, thanks.
That will be just around the time I'm deciding whether to send the Fire back or not... I'm thinking probably not at this point, but knowing I have to wait for that case makes it much less likely I'll make an impulse purchase that would essentially make that decision for me.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #67
mrmcmanus
mrmcmanus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (various), Nook color
Currently I am transporting the Fire in a padded sleeve I made, but it definitely needs a case because of being so slippery. This is the one I ordered because it seems to be the closest to my minimalist iPad case which I like a lot because it does not add a lot of bulk:

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Leathe...619604&sr=8-13
mrmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:26 AM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay I just ordered my case. It's cheap but so far reviews are good. I paid $10 total
My case came today. I really like it. It doesn't feel too cheap and it looks really nice for $6.99. The Screen protector is all right. I'll probably look for a better one as it's a little too big so it doesn't fit exactly but it does help the glossy part of the Fire. So I need a good anti-glare protector that does fit.

The case is a simple black cover. The Kindle Fire fits into two leather straps at the bottom (not elastic) and two elastic straps at the top. It fits in quite snugly. There is two pockets on the other side which I slid a cleaning cloth in one.

The interior is made of a very soft velvet material. It comes with an elastic band that keeps the case closed. The case feels nice and it doesn't add much weight to the Fire at all.

How long it will last I think depends on how well you take care of your things. For me it will work just fine for what I need.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #69
taoofpu2
Enthusiast
taoofpu2 is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad mini 4, iPad 3
I going to try the Marware jurni and will post a short review after it arrives.
taoofpu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #70
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My case came today. I really like it. It doesn't feel too cheap and it looks really nice for $6.99. The Screen protector is all right. I'll probably look for a better one as it's a little too big so it doesn't fit exactly but it does help the glossy part of the Fire. So I need a good anti-glare protector that does fit.

The case is a simple black cover. The Kindle Fire fits into two leather straps at the bottom (not elastic) and two elastic straps at the top. It fits in quite snugly. There is two pockets on the other side which I slid a cleaning cloth in one.

The interior is made of a very soft velvet material. It comes with an elastic band that keeps the case closed. The case feels nice and it doesn't add much weight to the Fire at all.

How long it will last I think depends on how well you take care of your things. For me it will work just fine for what I need.
That case looks nice. Up to $14.98 now. How is it when you fold the cover back to read/play with the fire?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #71
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Ended up going for the Kindle Fire MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware in White. Supposed to be very light, so let's see how it goes.
It's so light that you won't even know it's there. However, like you said previously the stand is so-so.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 09:50 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #72
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
If you go with a sleeve there are some options you may not be aware of. I don't think I saw these in this thread. You might want to look into a protective skin from Decal Girl (http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...dle-Fire-Skins) or GelaSkins (http://www.gelaskins.com/store/table...n/Most_Popular). You can apply the back and the front or the back only, the choice is yours. I think with the Fire the back only option would look best. I have Decal Girl skins on a couple of my other tablets with the Matte finish and they not only eliminate fingerprints, but provide excellent protection as well. I didn't go for anything flashy (I went with black) and it blends right in with the tablet. They do take a little patience to install, but if you take your time they turn out real nice and provide excellent protection. I think they are well worth the price and effort.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 11:07 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #73
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
Figured i'd start a thread with a collection of cases/covers for the Kindle Fire, feel free to add to it.

Marware Covers
http://www.marware.com/kindle-covers...le-fire-covers

CEO Hybrid, $44.99
MicroShell Folio, $39.99
Axis, $39.99
EcoVue, $34.99
jurni, $29.99
I just received the jurni cover this week, and like it a lot. The Fire is held in by clips, rather than straps, so it's a "cleaner" look on the front. The clips hold it very securely, based on shaking it vigorously when unzipped. I like being able to zip it closed so that it's better protected from crumbs and other debris when I'm carrying it in my bag. I got the black one, and so far it's not picking up dirt, stains, etc., like some other cases I've had.

Probably the biggest positive for me is that it makes using the Fire one-handed much easier for me. I find the Fire to be too heavy to hold in one hand at arm's length for any significant period, and was actually thinking of returning it for that reason. Somehow the addition of the case, and using the hand strap that's on the inside, changes the pressure points on my wrist and forearm, to where it's comfortable for the most part. I'll have to see how it holds up over the long term, but for now it seems to be a good value for the price, for what I was looking for.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
That case looks nice. Up to $14.98 now. How is it when you fold the cover back to read/play with the fire?

Carol
I don't think it's worth that much. It's $5.99 on their site. I'd buy something else. I got mine for $6.99 + shipping. Came to about $10. If they want to raise it that much after posting all those false reviews then I am glad I got it when it was priced right. I wouldn't pay over $10 for it. Use your Prime and get something nicer.

I don't fold the cover back on anything but my Eco-Flip because it's made for that.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #75
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
navitech

I purchased the navitech, available at Amazon, and have posted a thorough review and four additional photos there. Basically...

The Good:
  • $14 including shipping. (And the Prime next-day did work. So many cases aren't available quickly right now.)
  • It secure
  • Looks good
  • Has a movie-viewing mode
  • Padded

The Bad:
  • They put a sticker right on it, which left residue
  • It's thickish closed.
  • It's quite large open for reading, either 2.5 times wider than the Kindle or about 1" thick with a hollow box under it. It can't fold flat.
It looks like Amazon put the review up quickly but not the images. But soon...
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote