Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
jackinca
Connoisseur
jackinca began at the beginning.

Device: sony 900
The Dictionary Hole

I feel confident there are many of us out there that care about words, their meaning and proper use. The new Sony PRS 350,650 and 950's have a very good source dictionary which is easy to use-just double click and you have the word meaning in spades without leaving the page you are reading, not to mention the available foreign language meanings. Now the bad, horrible, inexplicable news- after 100 words, the new saved words in the word list over-write the old saved ones. What's much, much worse there is no software ability to transfer your saved word list to your computer unlike bookmarks and notes which can be saved to the computer for future review. WHY? If this Hole in the dictionary software disturbs you in the same manner it disturbs me, I would appreciate your calling Sony at 866-962-7669 and registering your complaints in this regard. Sony has a "suggestion" email address which is next to useless due to its limited word complaint description and the fact it refers to books rather than devices. Mentioned this to Sony but received no reply. Would greatly appreciate anyone who feels this is a real hole in the Sony software to email and write to Sony in this regard. Many thanks.
jackinca is offline   Reply With Quote