Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Kindle available retail anywhere in Florida?

My Kindle has been glitching a lot lately, and I am jealous because my sister has a new Kindle 3 I think I want to get a new one and would love to save myself the shipping charges. I will be going to Florida (Coconut Creek) in December and am wondering if there are any chains that are likely to have it retail. If not, I will order it now and have it shipped
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Target, Best Buy and Staples. One of them is bound to be near where you'll be staying.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
My Kindle has been glitching a lot lately, and I am jealous because my sister has a new Kindle 3 I think I want to get a new one and would love to save myself the shipping charges. I will be going to Florida (Coconut Creek) in December and am wondering if there are any chains that are likely to have it retail. If not, I will order it now and have it shipped
usually anything over $25 ships free.......have you checked the site?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
If you order from Amazon as stated earlier from desertgrandma the shipping would be free, and you will have the device already setup and available for your trip to Florida as well.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

She's in Canada, so I think she would still have to pay some kind of shipping or import tax.
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Ahh I understand. Hopefully she won't have to pay any shipping or duty fees, but I'm not sure. What taxes are there in Florida? sales tax? If she would be taxed in florida and would thoses taxes be less than any fees or taxes in Cananda? I'm only asking to gain a better understanding of the benefits and disadvantages in this particular situation.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
One can probably find it but guesstimating a sales tax of 10% (probably high) in Florida can give some values to work with.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Good point, I had not thought about the taxes
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
floridamom
floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3
I got mine at Target (I had gift cards which brought the cost down significantly). You can also get them at Best Buy and Staples, both pretty common in Florida. Florida's state sales tax is 6%, but some counties or cities have a tax in addition to the base state tax. I'm not sure if there's an additional tax where you'll be.
floridamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

You could order from Amazon and have it shipped to the Florida address. That way you can take advantage of the free shipping and no tax.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
DaAfroSheenQueen
DaAfroSheenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iphone 3GS, netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I grew up near Coconut Creek FL in Margate (suburbs of Fort Lauderdale)! There are TONS of Targets, Best Buys, and Staples in the area (dayum near one every other corner). You shouldn't have a problem purchasing one in the area unless they sell out for Christmas.

I'm jealous that you're gonna be all nice and warm for Christmas! Enjoy!
DaAfroSheenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #12
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I bought mine from Best Buy. Here in Orange County the sales tax is 6.5%. Don't know about Coconut Creek.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote