Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
How to get original filenames back (yes, I messed them up!)

In trying a few different ways to get the series number listed, one method I tried was the save template under Sending books to device. I had this entered:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} ({series_index}) - {authors}
Filenames then had the series # in parenthesis after the title. But then I decided to do it with a metadata plugboard which worked even better, where I could have the series number first, title, author and that works great on both my Sonys and Kobo Glo.

I changed the template back under sending books to device to what originally was there:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Except that I still get filenames with the series # in it after changing it back, I can't seem to get rid of those numbers now. I've used the Template Editor button, thinking that would force the correct save, restarted Calibre, deleted books and removed the device before sending the books back, but the numbers are always there. If a book isn't in a series needing a number, the filename has () in it without a number.

For the metadata plugboard, I have only this entered:

Code:
Format:  device_db
Device:  PRS505 
Source template:  {series_index:|[|]} {title}
Destination field:  title
And a 2nd one for epub for the KoboTouch which does the same, adds the series number only in brackets before the title.

What did I screw up? How can I get rid of the numbers from the filenames? It only shows in the explorer window, not on the reader itself, but it still bugs me that I can't get it back to how it was.

Edit: I found my screwup! I swear sometimes just posting makes you think of something else. I also had that template info under Plugins, Device Interface Plugins, for both the Sony and the Kobo. Once I removed it there too, filenames are now back as they should be.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by Ripplinger; 04-29-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Food for thought.

For your PRS-350s you might consider the following plugboard. This puts the series info on the author line.

Code:
Format:  device_db
Device:  PRS505 
Source template:  {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
Destination field:  authors
Source template:  {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}{title}
Destination field:  title_sort
I attached the plugboard image and a screenshot of how it looks on my PRS-950, but I use the same plugboard for my son's PRS-350 and it shows the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_plugboard.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	105141   Click image for larger version

Name:	950-authors.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	105142  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-30-2013 at 05:09 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That's another good option as well. I'm happy with just the series numbers though, since I let tags and series info put them into their own series Collection on the Sony.

One other thing that now bugs me since I see it different on the Kobo Glo... when I transfer books to the Sony, they're always listed with the Calibre ID number at the end, such as Stonehenge Legacy, The - Sam Christer_1705.epub.

Is there anyway to avoid the _1705 appended to the filename?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote