Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Possible Font issue?

Just wondering why I have page numbers at random spots in the paragraphs? Any way to remove them? I mean the page number is displayed at the bottom already why am I seeing it intermixed in the paragraphs?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'm guessing it's not a bug or a font issue, it's Adobe EPUB page numbers in the margins. Turn them off in the Reading Settings.

Unless this is something odd like a poorly converted PDF.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How do you turn them OFF?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Just wondering why I have page numbers at random spots in the paragraphs? Any way to remove them? I mean the page number is displayed at the bottom already why am I seeing it intermixed in the paragraphs?
This is an epub? And the page number is a small number in the right margin? If so, they can be turned off in the reader settings. Tap the middle of the screen to bring up the top and bottom bars, tap the menu icon in the bottom right and choose "Reading Settings". The option you are after is "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers".

This can also be reached the main settings. If you are new to the Kobo ereaders, I recommend going through the settings and having look at all of them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #5
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
These margin page numbers show the exact line that the page begins. (A page is independent of the font size or other reader settings, one page is not usually the same as one screen of text which changes depending on font size etc..)

To remove them, untick the 'Show Adobe EPUB page numbers' option in the Reading Settings:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Glo3110ReadingSettings1.png
Views:	206
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	151371  
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

It's an ePub don't think it's Adobe and was bought online... I will see if I can turn them off.

JJ
Old 09-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
It's an ePub don't think it's Adobe and was bought online... I will see if I can turn them off.

JJ
The page numbers are a function of the Adobe rendering software so it will be there on all epubs (even ones you made yourself) if you don't untick that box.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

That fixed it, I wasn't thinking Adobe formatting I was thinking import from DE...

JJ
Old 09-04-2016, 12:49 PM   #9
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
That fixed it, I wasn't thinking Adobe formatting I was thinking import from DE...

JJ
That's what I figured. Glad you got it sorted!
robko is offline   Reply With Quote