Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Linton
Linton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
DRM - 2 ereaders with 1 PC

Mrs Linton has a Sony PRS-T1, I have a Kobo touch. We would like to separately buy DRM'ed books but despite all our efforts we have been unable to get this to work.

For example....

The PRS-T1 is connected to the Sony "Reader" software running under Mrs L's account. She gets the option to download from WHSmiths, uses it and tries to buy a book. At this point she is switched to my account on Kobobooks and is able to buy a book using my credit card. All well and good, but of course it is loaded into my library and downloaded onto my Kobo at the next opportunity. Poor MrsL doesnt get the option of loading onto her Sony.

Edit - she was logged in as me on the PC, but I still dont see how to get it up

Any ideas on how to set this up??

Thanks.

Last edited by Linton; 02-06-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: error
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Well ..................

Install Calibre .

Then visit Apprentice Alf's Blog.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linton View Post
All well and good, but of course it is loaded into my library and downloaded onto my Kobo at the next opportunity. Poor MrsL doesnt get the option of loading onto her Sony.
Are you downloading the Adobe DRM'd version of the book from Kobo into either Adobe Digital Editions or the Sony Software? The Sony can't use the kePub's that transfer from the Kobo desktop software, but should work fine when the regular ePub is downloaded from the Kobo website.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote