Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2014, 05:42 AM   #181
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chookie2 View Post
updating 8.0 lost me access to ibooks through my ipad 2, then 8.1 lost me Calibre access to Marvin, now have lost access to opds uploads for my ibooks in Marvin.Doesn't IOS like us to read? GRRR
Forgive the question, but why did you upgrade before taking the time to find out what the impact would be on the applications that you depend on? Always, ALWAYS check before upgrading.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #182
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Forgive the question, but why did you upgrade before taking the time to find out what the impact would be on the applications that you depend on? Always, ALWAYS check before upgrading.
SOMEONE has to update to discover the issues. He did it for YOU, man!
And for Johnny. He did it for Johnny!

Quote:
Doesn't IOS like us to read?
Sure. Using iTunes and iBooks, as nature intended. Comply. Resistance is futile.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:49 AM   #183
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
A no use telling me to use itunes and ibooks, as that is what began the rot - they stopped talking to each other - so I went to Marvin - then lost him too...now Marvin is back, but not talking to itunes. Please allow a non-computer literate person to do some things backwards..like updating because the darn thing tells me to!
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:09 AM   #184
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
A no use telling me to use itunes and ibooks, as that is what began the rot - they stopped talking to each other - so I went to Marvin - then lost him too...now Marvin is back, but not talking to itunes. Please allow a non-computer literate person to do some things backwards..like updating because the darn thing tells me to!
I think you should go to an Apple Store. They should be able to help you at least with the itunes problem.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #185
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm updated now to the latest version of iOS8 on all of my devices and Yosemite on my Mac. I also finally made the decision to turn on iCloud Drive. So far things are working smoothly. I really like Yosemite and the continuity handoff features are great.

My only complaint is that Safari seems less stable on iOS8 than previous versions. It freezes up or crashes more frequently than I can recall in the past.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #186
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ugh. Some visitor updated my Mom's iPad 2 without asking permission.

Even if it was guaranteed to be a smooth, better performing version, you just don't change ANYTHING involving user experience on an octogenarian's technology without darn good reason!

Fortunately, she hasn't complained of any 'real' problems, just confusion over stuff being different.

ApK
Old 01-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #187
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

Even if it was guaranteed to be a smooth, better performing version, you just don't change ANYTHING involving user experience on an octogenarian's technology without darn good reason!

Fortunately, she hasn't complained of any 'real' problems, just confusion over stuff being different.

ApK
You should find out who that visitor is and break every finger of said visitor so said visitor is unable to ever use a touch screen again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #188
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Ouch - that's a hanging offence as far as I'm concerned!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #189
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
If someone did that to my mother, I'd be pissed and want to hurt that person. Nobody updates my mother's electronics without consulting with me first. I make sure she's updated properly. I won't update her Skype on her laptop because the new UI is lousy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #190
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should find out who that visitor is and break every finger of said visitor
Quote:
My first instincts as well. Fortunately for him, she tells me he has apparently fled the country ("returned home" she called it).

Maybe my mom knows more than she's letting on, and this is part of a plot to get us to buy her a new iPad mini....
Old 01-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #191
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I think you should go to an Apple Store. They should be able to help you at least with the itunes problem.
Wish I could - but I live over 300klm from nearest Apple store and it takes 12 hours there and back by train with connections.
I should add that while not quite an Octogenarian I am sitting on being a Septuagenarian so I consider myself ok for my age to be able to do what I do with my computer...but no - will never be able to understand programming language.

Last edited by chookie2; 01-18-2015 at 10:04 PM.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote