Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
You can get all the original firmware from the link in post #13.
Enjoy!
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
You can get all the original firmware from the link in post #13.
Enjoy!
That is not the original firmware. It is an update if you are talking about Onda's post.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Don't give up just yet Ellen. I will keep at it until I get somewhere with this. I have been doing some googling and have found a few old open projects to create a generic CE rom backup utility. Unfortunately the ones that I found died long ago, but there's bound to be something out there. If we can find such a beast then I can backup my JE 100 and send you the file.

Cheers,

Steve.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good Morning Onda!

Take your time. I am in no rush. In an effort to get things working, I mistook my JE200 for the 100 and well... It's a terrible thing. I think I bricked my JE200. In fact I know I did. I am sick over it. So I am in the midst of emailing back and forth to Sales4online and Jointech support to send it in. I have never bricked anything before. I am dreading sending this thing across the water.

Ellen
Old 03-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #20
ondabeach
Groupie

Oh Ellen, my stomach just turned over in sympathy with yours you poor thing. I will let you know if I come up with anything and please let me know if you get a satisfactory response.

Good luck.
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #21
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Has this problem been resolved?

I was thinking of a JE100 but it doesn't look like JoinTech has very good tech support.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 AM   #22
imaredr
Collector

Yes my problem has been resolved. I had to send it in and that cost me about $50. The turn around was just over a month. It took almost 2 weeks before it arrived there. Then I think they forgot about me. So I emailed them and three days later they mailed a device to me. Not the one I sent but I believe a brand new device. So all is well. I will say this that it took quite a few emails before I could get them to understand and approve me sending it in for repair.

Ellen
Old 05-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #23
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Not too efficient but at least they did help you. And a new one at that! Thanks.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #24
digitalfad
digitalfad began at the beginning.

Device: JE200,JAnd700, Hero G3;
Exclamation jPad series from Jointech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Oh, and yes, there is a new model coming with built in WiFi, more memory, faster processor and a few other goodies but no other details or release dates yet, sorry.
Hi,ondabeach,

Last edited by digitalfad; 10-20-2010 at 04:32 AM.
digitalfad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #25
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
I am interested in the jWin700 but do not see where it can be purchased. Also, what is the battery life of the jWin700? Thanks!

http://www.jointech.com.hk/products_JWin700.html

Main Features

* Windows CE 6.0 R3 Operating System
* 7" Color TFT LCD with Touch Screen
* Mutipurpose Tablet /MID/eReader
* Slim, Compact and Light Weight
* Full multimedia experience
* Fats internet surfing
* Builtin WiFi
* GPS/3G/BlueTooth/GPRS optinal
* Innovative design and Executive look
* A handy tool for personal entertainment
* Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery

Hardware Specifications

* OS Core: Windows CE 6.0 Release 3
* Processor: ARM 667 MHz
* LCD: TFT Color Digital, Touch Screen
* Resolution: 800 X 480
* Connectivity: Builtin WiFi 802.11b/g
* Optional: GPS/3G/BlueTooth/GPRS
* OS Storage: 256 MB
* On Board Storage: Optional 8/16/32/64 GB
* Micro SD Card: Optional upto 64 GB
* USB Ports: Host: 1 Device: 1
* Audio: Built in Speaker & Audio Out
* Video: High Speed Hardware Decoder
* Application: WinCE Applications
* Dimensions: 18.2cmx11.7cmx1.45cm
* Weight: 250 g (Including Battery)
* Battery: Li-ion 3.7V (2000mA)
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #26
ondabeach
Groupie

Hi All,

The JAnd700 is available now, $349 USD delivered world wide. The JWin700 will be available soon but no firm date yet, sorry.

The 700 series MIDs have a 2000mha Li-Ion battery (compared to 1500mha for the 200 series) so with the faster processor I'd say the battery life should be at least as good and probably a bit better.

Cheers,

Steve.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #27
digitalfad

‘The 700 series MIDs have a 2000mha Li-Ion battery ’ For clarifications, The jAnd700 and jWin700 just have a 1500 mha battery, same as JE200

Last edited by digitalfad; 10-20-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #28
digitalfad

battery life about 2 hours

Last edited by digitalfad; 10-20-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #29
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
jwin 700

I have read the spec but I am not that great on what it all means. Can I browse internet and watch films on it as well as read ebooks? How long is battery life?
Thanks
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #30
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I have the JE100, which has the same form factor. It's a great form factor for ebook reading - very light and easy to hold. Battery life on the JE100 is only 3-6 hours depending on usage. I haven't encountered a problem with battery life when just reading a book. The jAnd 700 has a slightly more powerful battery so it might last a little longer. The best thing about the battery, though, is that it is user-replaceable. It's a commonly available Nokia battery that you can purchase inexpensively. So you can have several batteries and swap them out as needed. The JE100 & 200 have an external dongle for WiFi, whereas the jAnd 700 has internal WiFi. That along with a faster processor makes the jAnd 700 a better choice if you want to use the device for web surfing and video watching. I think it is the form factor and the replacable battery that makes these devices worth looking at.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote