Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I haven't found much use for it on my phone and now the tablet has it. The few times I've tried it was to get numbers or urls and it did a very poor job of recognition.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I haven't found much use for it on my phone and now the tablet has it. The few times I've tried it was to get numbers or urls and it did a very poor job of recognition.
You can use it to identify songs; like SoundHound and Shazam do.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You can use it to identify songs; like SoundHound and Shazam do.
It doesn't do well with the stuff I listen to. I've had more luck with Cortana.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It doesn't do well with the stuff I listen to. I've had more luck with Cortana.
I didn't know she could identify songs. Pretty cool.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I didn't know she could identify songs. Pretty cool.
Yeah she is a real pro at it.
Advert
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #36
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Google Now does it too, but I've had better luck with Shazam.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Google Now does it too, but I've had better luck with Shazam.
I was just going to post that Google does it too, but you beat me
Old 03-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #38
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I like shasam for identifying music.

I finally tried a factory reset and no I still don't have firefly. Going to try and forget about it now. I just hope Amazon know what they doing with this update it's been a weird roll out and I just hope not getting it doesn't muck up any future updates.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

My favorite program for identifying songs is MonkeyBrain. I turn the radio on and my monkey brain identifies the song in the first note or two.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #40
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
My favorite program for identifying songs is MonkeyBrain. I turn the radio on and my monkey brain identifies the song in the first note or two.

1. First note or two? You should have been on Name That Tune.
2. How's that work for songs you never heard before but would like to hear again, or are you done liking any new music for life?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:58 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
2. How's that work for songs you never heard before but would like to hear again, or are you done liking any new music for life?
I'd say done. I listen to oldies of various genre. It's rare for me to listen to contemporary music.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:17 AM   #42
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Vevo and Trove News also work with Firefly. I'm sure this is one (very good) reason to add this feature to Fire tablets: maybe more app developers will start using the Firefly SDK, now that the target audience is about 1000x larger than it was with just Fire Phone and the HDX 8.9 (2014)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #43
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Vevo and Trove News also work with Firefly. I'm sure this is one (very good) reason to add this feature to Fire tablets: maybe more app developers will start using the Firefly SDK, now that the target audience is about 1000x larger than it was with just Fire Phone and the HDX 8.9 (2014)
Obviously none of this is any good if Firefly doesn't appear on your Kindle!
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote