Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 AM   #1
xabila
xabila began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Can't add comic lrf on SD

Hi all,
I'm using calibre to read my manga but i used all my internal memory so, i add an old 1Go SD card on my Sony PRS 505.
But something is not working.
I have the name correct on the reader, but when i enter on the manga i have only one page wich is an incorrect page...

May i need something to do with my SD card ? format it ?
Do i need an upgrade of the PRS (i never update it, and actually don't know where to find the upgrade firmware).

I havn't used the reader for 6 month, since i discovered the comiclrf add and now i RE-love my reader

Thanks
xabila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabila View Post
I havn't used the reader for 6 month, since i discovered the comiclrf add and now i RE-love my reader
Ha ha yes, I have found the Sony is well-suited to the manga format. I have gone through tons of seinen since I bought it.

Anyway, the firmware upgrade as far as I know only affects the Sony's capacity for SDHC format, it doesn't do anything for smaller cards as far as I know. The error you describe (incorrect page) I often get with cheaper and/or broken SD cards. You could try a format and a disk check, then reload your comic again, or try a different card.

I have found the MemoryStick to be more stable with my Sony, and you can slot up to 8 GB which is a lot of manga. But YMMV I guess.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
xabila
xabila began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Ok thanks, i tried with another one and it s ok
xabila is offline   Reply With Quote