Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil 0.1.1

Sigil v0.1.1 has been released. The ChangeLog for this release follows:

Quote:
Sigil v0.1.1 2009.08.06.
- applied provided patch for NetBSD support
- fixed issue with loading images in HTML and EPUB docs that have regexp special characters
in filenames. (issue #39)
- if headings have the 'title' attribute set, it is now used as the TOC text entry. (issue #26)
- tags are now removed from headings before they are converted to TOC entries (issue #47)
- Sigil now remembers the last folder from which you loaded an image (issue #34)
- choosing 'cancel' in TOC editor now no longer forces the views to update
- fixed bug with new headings getting existing IDs. (issue #36)
- printing support! new file menu actions: "print" and "print preview"
- fixed an issue when sometimes switching between views didn't enable/disable appropriate actions
- fixed an issue with mixed-up CSS classes on Mac and Linux (issue #16)
- added line numbering for Code View (issue #9)
- added current line highlighting for Code View
- fixed crashed bug with some calibre generated epubs (issue #16)
The Mac build has been very kindly provided by MobileRead member pilotbob. The Mac machine I used is not available until next Sunday* so I had to recruit someone to do the mac build, and pilotbob came to the rescue.

I am also told that there are some problems with building the mac version from source... Unfortunately I can't work on this until I get a mac near me. DMG users are of course not affect by this.

Linux users should notice there is no binary build for their platform. The previous version had one, and that didn't work out too well. For now, just build it from source:
Code:
$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
$ make
That's it. Look in the "bin" folder for the compiled binary.

*I don't actually own a Mac. A friend of mine owns one, but he's gone temporarily out of town. Great timing, isn't it?

Last edited by Valloric; 08-05-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
woo hoo !! already up to 0.1.1 !! i'm happy about code line numbers. very, very happy.

by the way, you should add a link to your signature to go directly to the google code page as well.

thanks valloric !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
by the way, you should add a link to your signature to go directly to the google code page as well.
I turn off display of signatures on any forum that allows this, so I don't really perceive them. This includes my own

But thanks, I'll fix it now.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Thankyou for this new release. Compiling now
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I turn off display of signatures on any forum that allows this, so I don't really perceive them. This includes my own

But thanks, I'll fix it now.
oh the irony.

by the way, the "about" screen still says v.0.1.0 completely unimportant, i know, but i just wanted to admire the landmark.
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

(should i stop making work for you with "by the way" in every post ? )
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh the irony.

by the way, the "about" screen still says v.0.1.0 completely unimportant, i know, but i just wanted to admire the landmark.
Great. I knew there was something I forgot.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Great. I knew there was something I forgot.
Sorry, forgot to tell you Noticed it on my AMD64 build..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:54 AM   #9
marcostt
marcostt began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thank you for the quick update

But, there is some problem with the mac version... I did dowloaded the v0.1.1 from here http://sigil.googlecode.com/files/Sigil_mac_0.1.1.dmg I did installed, and after run it in "About" is named 0.1.0, and still can not open Calibre`s epub.
marcostt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Grrr... After compiling Qt 4.5.2, I get this:

WARNING: This project requires version 2.6 of CMake. You are running version 2.4.8.

So I once again ask for pre-compiled static versions, if possible

I'm using a Mandriva 2008 system, but it's sort of in production state, so upgrading now is not the best option.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostt View Post
But, there is some problem with the mac version... I did dowloaded the v0.1.1 from here http://sigil.googlecode.com/files/Sigil_mac_0.1.1.dmg I did installed, and after run it in "About" is named 0.1.0, and still can not open Calibre`s epub.
The About screen displaying the older version number is a known problem. I forgot to increment a variable specifying what version is Sigil.

Please create an issue and attach the epub in question.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
WARNING: This project requires version 2.6 of CMake. You are running version 2.4.8.

So I once again ask for pre-compiled static versions, if possible
You know, linux development is hard. Really hard. Not so much because of the software, but because of the users . When I provide a binary so that people don't have to compile it themselves, I get yelled at for doing this because "on linux you should provide source packages and people should always install from that, if there are no debs or rpms" (direct quote from email).

When I provided only source packages, it's still not good... So tell me, what do I need to do to make linux people happy? And to somehow stop them from sending me hatemail...

Now Jellby, I know you're not one of those difficult people, so please tell me what to do here.

Debs and rpms should be provided for Sigil 0.1.2, or 0.1.3 at the latest.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Now Jellby, I know you're not one of those difficult people, so please tell me what to do here.
Easy: provide both

Quote:
Debs and rpms should be provided for Sigil 0.1.2, or 0.1.3 at the latest.
That would be great too. Best would be to provide source .tar.gz (or .bz2), dynamically linked binary packages (.deb, .rpm and whatnot), and statically linked binary packages. I know best is not always possible though, and you probably don't want to do everything in early development stages.

In my opinion, for development versions it would be enough to provide source code and static binary packages, that's not perfect, but would probably get enough users satisfied enough
Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Easy: provide both
Compiled linux version is now up on the site.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Compiled linux version is now up on the site.
Excellent! That'll be used in my netbook, where I don't have all the compilers and development libraries

In the other computer I downloaded cmake 2.6 and could compile Sigil, and it worked! Now I have to figure out how to make a static build that will work in my old laptop, with Mandriva 2005, Qt3.3 and GLIBC_2.3.4