Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
5 Reasons why the Blue reader is the best

1. Because I bought the Blue one.
2. Because it's not Silver.
3. Because it's Blue silly!
4. Because it's not Red.
5. Because Blue is for boys!!

P.S.
Just had to say, since I've gotten my reader a few weeks ago, I've read more books in that time than I have in the previous 6 months!!! I love my reader!!!
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I do love my blue one too
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I too love my blue reader (although it is broken ( )- and in the first two months that I owned it I probably read more books than in the prior six months-and this is from a person who struggles to pass the TWO B&N bookstores in my neighborhood without stopping to buy at least ONE book (mind you...I pass these bookstores at least twice a day most days).I find it has been MOST advantageous for my (frequent) travels and commute-as I no longer have to tote 3 books (and the person who often totes my bags about really appreciates that I've lightened the load for him ! )

The main reason why I bought the blue ones -is that they don't really stand out and scream "LOOK AT ME"-which can be a great thing if you don't want to attract any unwanted attention (as opposed to the postiive "WHAT IS THAT" that spawns conversation about the gadget).
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I got the blue one because it was a window display at the Sony Store on sale after Christmas last year for $170. But, would have chosen the blue anyway even were I paying full price.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I actually got my by accident. I picked mine up at Borders and they gave me a blue one and I didn't notice.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I just like the color blue. Blue car, blue curtains, blue bedspread and sheets ....it's my comfort color. Having a blue Reader was the only choice for me.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Our Borders doesn't sell them. Our Target stores do.. they only sell the silver ones though.. I hated the silver one but to get the reader I would have dealt with it. Thankfully for me they were out so we bought it online instead.

I got the blue one of course. My reasoning is a bit odd though. I have some OCD issues and the silver one bugged the crap out of me. See when I look at the silver one.. and then the blue one.. I'm drawn to the blue one because the text just stands out more. The silver one however I can't like focus on anything.. It's just to silver ><;

So I got mine because it's like the eyes are just drawn to the screen and not all over the device.
TwiSteDCBloSsoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I got the blue one for all the reasons above and I reckoned the silver would glint too much in the sunshine outside.
I would why Sony haven't produced the "eco-friendly" green one yet
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I just like the color blue. Blue car, blue curtains, blue bedspread and sheets ....it's my comfort color. Having a blue Reader was the only choice for me.

Dreamer
Problem with that is that, were you to misplace your reader, you wouldn't be able to find it because it'd blend in with everything else.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I got the blue one, too, and I just love it. I bought it 'cause I thought it looked best! I still do!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Problem with that is that, were you to misplace your reader, you wouldn't be able to find it because it'd blend in with everything else.
You might be right about that. Scary thought...

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I was intent on buying a silver one cuz I thought it'd be sexier (heh, I need all the help I can get). But when I got to the Sony store they had both and I decided to be thorough and give them both a try by reading the same text on both - and the difference was quite startling to me. The darkness of the blue Reader makes the grey background of the display appear much whiter than on the silver Reader. And that made it easier to read or at least it seemed like it did. Given that, I cannot imagine why Amazon decided to make all the Kindles white.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
c-not-k
Enthusiast
c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS 650, T3, Nook Color
I had a blue one. It got broken. I wanted to replace it with a blue one, but got a silver one by accident.

I miss my blue one.

Is it hard to switch guts?
c-not-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Blue ones are best --- Better than the rest !!!
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I should add that this is another "blue" product which I don't get how you can call it blue. It's very clearly black, to my eyes. Or, at least, it's so close to black the difference hardly matters.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote