Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Two Ebook readers

I wonder how many people own 2 ebook readers . One 10 inch one and a smaller one. Wonder if it is too much of an indulgence for me to buy both

teotjunk
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I own a 6in eink reader and a 9in tablet.
I think of the eink reader as my outdoors and travel paperback class reader and the color tablet as my indoors hardcover class reader. As it so happens they actually are the size of a paperback and a hardcover, respectively.
The tablet I use for comics, cookbooks, and pdfs. (Plus email, online reading, and the odd game of Spider solitaire.)
Both get enough use to justify the cost.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I won more than two.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My Eink is my book reader.
My Tablet is for Color photos/documents and PDF S that I use at the job site. In a pinch, I can read a 'Book' (as long as I am in the shade .
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I own three 6 inch eink readers, but use only the Kindle Paperwhite. I don't use my tablets for reading books, but do use my phone and iPod T for listening to audiobooks.
Tablets are for surfing, note taking and apps.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I won more than two.
Apache
You're so lucky! I never win anything!!!
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
There are lots of people on this board with two or more readers. They have them in different sizes, colors, etc. I only have one that I use at the moment but for a brief time I had two (Sony PRS-350 and Nexus 7). I sold my Sony reader and use my tablet for e-reading.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
There are people who have only two?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #9
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I have a Kindle Paperwhite and an iPad 3, but as far as I'm concerned, I only have one* ebook reader. The iPad is for Internet browsing, Twitter and games; I've read maybe two books on it and hated the experience.

*I also have two retired eInk readers, Sony 505 and Kindle 3, which both still work (although the Sony's battery is pretty dead) but that I don't actively use.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
I own a 13 inch tablet and a 10 inch tablet. So tempted to buy a six inch ebook reader for portability

teotjunk
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #11
Ndaara
I like frogs.
Ndaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony T2, Kindle Fire
Every day, I use both a 10" tablet and 5" e-ink reader. Use not quite daily, Kindle Fire 1, for the things it does well. Debating picking up a Kindle PW, to see how I feel about that front light thing. Perfectly reasonable to have multiple devices and use them for the things they do best.
Ndaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I have four machines that I read books on and they are all in my signature.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
There are people who have only two?
I was boggling over that, as well. I have multiples of 2.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
I own a 13 inch tablet and a 10 inch tablet. So tempted to buy a six inch ebook reader for portability

teotjunk
You definitely should! Any e-ink reader is going to be lighter and more portable than what you have. Kobo Mini is the smallest and lightest.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Kobo Mini is the smallest and lightest.
If they had a Kobo mini with light, I would probably not be able to resist. Every time a Kobo comes out, my fingers are itching to click the order button.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote